Applications are invited from the eligible candidates for admission in part-time Ph.D. Programme under Visvesvaraya Ph.D. scheme of the Ministry of Communication and IT for July-December,2019 academic session in the Electronic System Design and Manufacturing (ESDM) and IT / IT Enabled Services (ITES) and SMDP-C2SD programme at NIT Agartala.
Candidates for admission in Ph.D. programme under Visvesvaraya Ph.D. scheme must satisfy the following criteria:
- Master’s Degree in Engineering/ Technology in Electronics & Communication Engineering with a minimum CGPA of 6.5 out of 10 or equivalent (60% of marks)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/ Technology in Electronics & Communication Engineering with an excellent academic record and with a CGPA of at least 9.0 out of I0 or equivalent (85% of marks) Candidates must have valid GATE score.
- The candidates should be locally and professionally employed in order to be able to attend regular classes in the Institute when necessary
- The candidates must be regular employees of a recognized R & D organization, UGC / AICTE approved recognized Institute, National Institute, Govt. Organization or Industry with at least 1(one) year of experience at the time of admission. Production of such experience certificate from the employer will, however, not be applicable to SMDP-C2SD project staff.
- A no-objection certificate from the Head of the Institution Organization in which the candidate is employed must be enclosed with the application. Production of such no objection certificate will, however, not be applicable to SMDP-C2SD project staff.
*** Conversion of CGPA to percentage and vice-versa will not be allowed.
Candidates will be required to submit an application in the prescribed application form to be downloaded from Page 3 of this document.
The candidates fulfilling eligibility, conditions will submit the application forms duly filled-in along with photocopies of required documents enclosing a Demand Draft of Rs. 500/- (for OP/OB) and Rs 300/- (SC/ST) to be drawn in favour of REGISTRAR, NIT AGARTALA, payable at SBI, NIT Agartala branch, IFS Code – S8IN0011491.
The application should be sent addressed to the Dean (Academic), NIT Agartala, P.O- NIT Agartala, Borjala, Jirania, West Tripura, Pin- 799046 by speed post or in person on or before 26/06/2019.
Applications received after 26/06/2019 will not be entertained under any circumstances. Any application, if received, after the last date of application due to postal delay will also not be acceptable to this Institute.
A scanned copy of the application should invariably be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The candidates fulfilling the eligibility conditions will be short-listed and the list will be published on 10/07/2019 in the institute website.
Selection will be made on the basis of the performance of the candidates in the interview (written/oral) and the availability of seats. The short-listed candidates should appear for an interview (written/oral) on the appointed day with all original documents.
|1||26/06/19||Wednesday||Last Date for Submission of Application|
|2||10/07/19||Wednesday||Publication of short-listed candidates (evening)|
|4||19/07/19||Friday||Publication of list of selected candidates (evening)|