The Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation (MoSPI) shall be implementing the scheme of Internship for Post-graduate/Research Students of Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/ OperationsResearch/ Economics/ Demography or any of the applied field of Statistics of recognized Universities/Institutions during 2020-21. The scheme is as follows:
- To facilitate the students pursuing the post-graduate/research in statistics to study and get familiarized with the prevailing system of Official Statistics in the Country;
- To familiarize the interested and willing post-graduate/research students with the Official Statistical System of the Country, with specific reference to data collection, processing & analysis, publication and dissemination needs.
- To create awareness amongst the students of Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/ Operational Research/ Economics/ Demography or any of the applied field of Statistics about the Indian Statistical Service and Subordinate Statistical Service.
- To sensitize the students of Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/ Operational Research/ Economics/ Demography or any of the applied field of Statistics about choosing their career in the field of Statistics.
Who can Apply
The applicant should be a citizen of India and pursuing his/her post-graduation/research from a recognized College/University/Research institute in Statistics/ Mathematical Statistics/ Operational Research/ Economics/ Demography or any of the applied field of Statistics.
How to Apply
The applicant would be required to submit one and only one neatly typed application formclearly indicating, name, date of birth, address, qualification and the university/institute whereat present pursuing his/her PG/Research work and the areas of interest for availing the internship as per the attached Application Form. If the applicant wishes to incorporate some more details, he/she may do so on an extra sheet to be attached. The applicants will have to register on the National Career Service (NCS) Portal and mention the NCS ID on the application form.
No. of Internships
The total available number of internships during 2020-21 would be 229 in two groups namely “Group A” and “Group B”. Under Group “A” applications are invited for internships in offices located in New Delhi, including FOD Regional Office, Delhi & DES, Delhi. Whereas, under Group “B” applications are invited for internships in offices located in rest of the country.
Stipend and other Benefits
- A token stipend of Rs. 10,000 (consolidated) @ Rs.5000 per month would be paid to the selected intern on successful completion of his /her internship, at the end of internship period by respective selection points only through electronic mode of funds transfer/Aadhaar Payments Bridge (APB)/Aadhaar Enabled Payment System (AEPS). If any intern leaves or discontinues the internship scheme in between, that is, before completion of two months, he/she will not be entitled for any stipend/Certificate.
- A certificate will be issued to the successful interns, on completion of the internship, by the respective offices where they are attached.
- The students opting for NSSO (FOD) Zonal/Regional Offices will be paid additional amount of Rs. 250/-per day, so as to enable them to undertake field visits, if required, which should not exceed a maximum of 10 days in the entire period of 2 months of internship. The decision on field visit, if required, is to be taken by the Head of respective Zonal/Regional Offices and should preferably be in the nearby areas.
The internship will be for a period of 2 months from the date of joining. Each intern/student shall be required to submit report/paper (along with soft copy) at the end of the assignment, including inter-alia, his/her observations and suggestions, if any, regarding any possible improvement in the system.
March 31, 2020 April 13, 2020 [Extended]
For more information, click here and for notification about extension of deadline, click here.