The universities of Oxford and Cambridge have been favoured destinations for Indian students for many years. However, in recent years, the increasing cost of a British university education and the greater competition for the few scholarships available has meant that fewer and fewer Indian students are able to take up places at Oxford and Cambridge. The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India has been offering scholarships every year.
The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India (OCSI) is a not-for-profit alumni organisation based in New Delhi, India. These scholarships were instituted by the Society over fifty years ago.
The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarships are part-cost awards for undergraduate, second undergraduate, graduate study and research in any subject available at the Universities of Cambridge and Oxford, UK.
- University of Cambridge, UK
- University of Oxford, UK
Field of study
Generally available for any subject/course/field of study available at the two universities
(some scholarships may be limited to specific courses or fields of study)
The levels of study would include the following:
- Research leading to the PhD degree
- One-year post-graduate courses (e.g. MPhil, LLM, BCL, Diploma, CASM or Part III Maths, MBA, PGCE etc.)
- Taught and research based Masters programmes of various durations (including M. Sc., engineering, medicine)
- Second Bachelors degree as an Affiliated Student/Senior Status
- Bachelors degree programme
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Must be ordinarily resident in India.
- The candidate must be not more than 30 years of age on Sept 1, 2018.
- Must be a graduate of an Indian university, or be from a school in India.
For the application form, click here.
All completed applications must reach the Oxford and Cambridge Society of India by May 15.
For any queries, contact
The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India
Secretary OCSI, c/o Bharat Kumar,
366, Sector 15-A,