As an integral part of the Our Ocean Conference, Sustainable Ocean Alliance and the University of Tromsø will co-host in cooperation with the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the fourth Our Ocean Youth Leadership Summit, which will take place in Oslo, Norway on October 23-24, 2019.
The summit is an opportunity to inspire, inform, and empower youth participants to build holistic solutions that better balance the needs of society, industry and the ocean environment.
The intended theme for the Our Ocean Youth Leadership Summit is “Co-creating the Sustainable Blue Economy”. Following Norway’s global leadership in integrated ocean management, the summit programming will intend to inspire, inform, and empower participants to build holistic solutions that better balance the needs of society, industry and the ocean environment.
- Participate in a solution-driven bootcamp to apply knowledge and technology that can help us protect our oceans
- Raise your profile and network with 500+ policymakers, corporate leaders, heads of international organizations, foundations, and NGOs
- Receive mentorship and develop your professional skill sets by learning from business, government, and science experts
- Meet with entrepreneurs who are building scalable ocean startups to help protect and sustain our ocean
- Become an #SOAOceanLeader and join our global community represented in over 130 countries
Who can apply?
Problem-solver, sustainability champion, students, young professional below 35 years old who have an interest in sustainability and contributing in solving our planet’s greatest challenges: ocean acidification, marine pollution, habitat destruction and overfishing to name a few.
Our Ocean Youth Leadership Summit provides a platform for learning, sharing, acting and will empower young leaders to take ocean action.
It is not mandatory to already be an ocean advocate and educated on ocean challenges. We will provide a series of online bootcamps (webinars) in the lead up to the summit to build foundation for the bootcamp.
For any queries, read the FAQ or e-mail: email@example.com