The Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Allahabad is organizing an Online Workshop on Supply Chain & Logistics-Modeling and Analysis from January 22 to 23, 2021.
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad (IIIT-Allahabad) is a public university located in Allahabad (Jhalwa, Allahabad), in Uttar Pradesh state in northern India. It is one of the nineteen Indian Institutes of Information Technology listed by the Ministry of Human Resource Development.
The workshop is being organized with the intent to provide recent developments and research practices in the field of Logistics and Supply Chain for the students, researchers, and practitioners. It is aimed to provide an understanding of the principles and practices, the knowledge required in the increasingly complex global business environment, and rising difficulties in the competitive positioning of firms. In this regard the following objectives are expected to be achieved through this workshop:
- To understand the various nuances and challenges of the Supply Chain and its design complexities
- To understand how Logistics, Supply Chain Operations, Channels of Distribution fit into various types of Businesses
- To understand how Warehouse and Inventory Management and other functions in Logistics fits into Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- To develop research orientation and gain insights into the Operations domain.
This workshop also aims to include the various aspects of businesses that are changing due to new innovations across the domains. The business dynamics swiftly transforming the very design of businesses and business models amid international collaborations and global competitions.
The workshop is aimed to enable students to understand the importance and dynamics of a firm’s physical distribution functions and management of its supply chain and to develop research aptitude.
- Change in Business dynamics and its Operations
- Introduction to Supply Chain and Logistics Management
- Applications of emerging technologies in SCM
- Managing the Supply Chains under Disruptions
- Role of Supply Chain Contracts
- Big Data Analytics in SCM
- Mathematical Modelling in solving Transportation problems
- Warehouse Space Calculation and Product Space Allocation
- Application of Industry 4.0 in supply chain management
The workshop would be a mix of lectures; practical sessions such as brainstorming; case studies and experience sharing between participants and resource persons.
- UG/ MBA/ M.Tech Students
- Ph.D. students
- Faculty of Various Colleges
- Personnel from Industries
- UG/ M.Tech/ MBA/ Ph.D. Students of IIITA: Rs. 400
- Students (External): Rs. 590*
- Faculty (External): Rs. 590*
- Industry Personnel: Rs. 590*
Note: * including GST charges for external candidates. (For Account Transfer): A/c Name: Indian Institute of Information Technology Jhalwa, Allahabad; A/c No.: 30996838478; Bank Name: State Bank of India; Branch: Jhalwa (1089); IFSC: SBIN0010891.
To register for the workshop, click here.
After attending this workshop the participants will be able to understand the challenges, prospects, issues, concerns, opportunities, and development and enhancement of research aptitude in the field of Logistics & Supply Chain Management. The Scanned Copy of the Registration Form and Payment Details has to be sent to email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dr. Vineet Tiwari & Dr. Sudipta Das
Department of Management Studies,
Indian Institute of Information
For full notification, click the link below.