The Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow is organizing an Online Workshop Series from May 30 to June 7, 2020. In order to continue the unhampered dissemination of knowledge amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, the workshop series will be held online via Google Meet.
The workshop details are given below.
1. Data Visualization with Tableau (May 30)
The goal of this training session is to make all the trainees experts in working with Tableau. All the topics that one must master to work with this data visualization tool will be covered in this session and things are focused on delivering practical knowledge rather than focusing on theoretical modules only.
This session includes a workbook containing key concepts on each topic covered and hands-on activities to reinforce the skills and knowledge attained. By the end of the session, the participants will learn:
- Build more complex chart types and visualizations
- Build complex calculations to manipulate your data.
- Use statistical techniques to analyze your data.
2. Unstructured Data Extraction, Analysis Through Machine Learning (June 5)
This workshop will present an overview of how large amounts of data can be collected from websites (including social networking websites). We will begin with an overview of what APIs are, what their intended usage is, and how one can use them to collect publicly available data.
- An overview of unstructured data and the foundations of traditional quantitative Marketing research contrasted with a machine learning approach.
- An overview of the nature of unstructured data and how this is different.
3. Unstructured Data Extraction, Analysis Through, ‘NVIVO’ & ‘R’ (June 6)
An overview of how the nature of unstructured data is different from structured data will be presented. In addition, we will present:
- How large amounts of data can be collected from websites (including social networking websites)
- Using NVIVO and R for unstructured data analysis
- Sentiment analysis
4. The Power of Storytelling through Data (June 7)
This workshop is aimed to give a glimpse into the world of data storytelling through various examples and types of data stories. This will be completely example-driven with some framework to understand different kinds of data stories.
This session is aimed to give a structured and step-by-step guide to narrate a data- story along with frameworks and examples:
- Understanding the audience and the intent:
- Finding Insights
- Story lining
- Choosing the formats and the medium
Industry professionals working in different domains and Students (Doctoral/ PG/ UG/ Research Scholars) are invited to apply.
- The registration fee is Rs. 3000/- per workshop.
- To pay the registration fee for the workshop, click here.
- To register for the various workshops, click here.
- The last date to register for Workshop 1 is May 28 and for Workshop 2,3 and 4 is June 3, 2020.
- All the participants who successfully attend and complete the online workshop, Will be eligible to receive a ‘Certificate for Participation’.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details, click here.