The ICSSR Sponsored Ten Days Workshop on Research Methodology is organized by Gujarat National Law University (GNLU) from May 24 – June 2, 2021.
About the Organiser
Gujarat National Law University (GNLU), located in Gujarat, India, was established by the Government of Gujarat under the Gujarat National Law University Act, 2003 and is recognized by the Bar Council of India (BCI) and University Grants Commission (UGC).
About the Workshop
Research is the basis of creativity and innovation. Academic research seems to be most acceptable and influential element in higher education. The institutions of higher education are focusing on competence based teaching especially for Masters and Ph.D. level education. Although many Indian universities have been ranked among top 500 institutes by QS ranking, Indian learners and educators are still facing crucial challenge in creating, nurturing and maintaining the level of quality research.
It is essential to develop a sound methodological base of research among the researchers to cope up with challenges in the field of research. Therefore, there is need to train, reorient and reactivate the researchers and scholars on research methodology. The current workshop is an effort to enrich the research scholars on research methodology. The workshop will provide students with an overview of the different dimensions of research.
Objectives of the Proposed Workshop
The main objective of the workshop is to acquaint the participant with the process and steps involved in Research.
- To provide solutions to research challenges
- To understand the process of appropriate selection of design, research participants, sample size, data collection, and selection of appropriate measures, data analysis and interpretation of results are studied.
- Students will have opportunities to advance their understanding of data analysis methods required to interpret data collected during the course of the proposed research.
Key Topics to be Covered
- Scientific Inquiry in Social Science Research
- Research Integrity, Ethics and Anti Plagiarism Rules
- e-resource efficacy for research
- Literature Review & Citation
- How to formulate Research Problem, Objectives and Hypothesis/Research Questions
- Conceptualizing a Research Design
- Sampling Techniques
- Quantitative and Qualitative Research
- Designing tools for data collection
- Validity and Reliability of Research tool
- Case Study Method in Research
- Academic Writing and Publication
- Data Analysis
- Data Interpretation
- Report Writing
Participants & Eligibility
- Workshop invites application from eligible candidates all over India.
- The participants should be enrolled for M.Phil./Ph.D./PDF in a UGC recognized university/deemed university/colleges/institutes of national importance and ICSSR Research Institutes and their application should be duly forwarded by the affiliating institution.
- The applicants should be registered in M.Phil./Ph.D./PDF in Law, Social Sciences and or interdisciplinary areas at any Indian University/Institute are eligible to apply for the workshop.
How to Register?
- Application along with forwarding letter from the affiliated institution to be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There is no registration fee for this Ten Days Research Methodology Course.
- Applicant should submit a synopsis on research area of their interest with not more than 1500- 2000 words along with the application form.
- Those who have attended any such type of program sponsored by either UGC or ICSSR should not apply.
- The selection committee shall also consider the stage/phase of their research work as criteria for selection.
- The aspects like representation of different Social Science Disciplines, Social Background, Gender, etc. shall also be taken into consideration while selecting the Candidates.
- Certificate of Participation will be given to the candidates with 100 percent attendance.
May 10, 2021
Assistant Professor Research, GNLU
For more details, click the link below.