About the Workshop
The Brachytherapy is the ultimate form of conformal radiation therapy as it is unparalleled in its ability to direct a large dose of radiation to tumor while minimizing exposure to surrounding sensitive normal structures. Brachytherapy has a long and storied history in the treatment of neoplastic diseases. Cancer patients deserve state of-the-art evidence-based care including the delivery of high quality and high-value Brachytherapy.
Hence education about Brachytherapy is highly essential in creating awareness and proficiency. Hence the present workshop by the distinguished speaker with international expertise will be an indispensable source for students and practitioners of this complex and challenging modality. The workshop will describe the rapid evolution of this technique as an essential element in the multidisciplinary technique in a comprehensive manner and thoroughly up-to-date.
- Introduction to Brachytherapy
- HDR Brachytherapy
- LDR Brachytherapy
- Novel techniques: Y90 Microspheres, Intravascular Brachytherapy
- Novel Techniques in Practice – Challenges and Conclusions
Who can attend?
- PG students (Physics and Medical Physics)
- Trainee Radiation Therapist and Safety Officers
Areas of Interest
- Prostate brachytherapy
- Combined prostate brachy and external beam treatments
- Gynecological HDR brachytherapy
- Deformable registration
- Participants need to fill the Registration form for confirmation.
- Last date for Registration: On or before 03.08.2020
- Registration Fee: NIL
Prof. Dr. Aruna
Prof. S. Ganesan