The Department of Humanities & Social Sciences, Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology (MNNIT), Allahabad is organizing an Online Workshop on Research Methodology from December 8 to 14, 2020.
Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology Allahabad, formerly Motilal Nehru Regional Engineering College, is a public technical university located in Prayagraj, Uttar Pradesh, India. It is one of the top NITs in the country, and like the rest of them, classified as an Institute of National Importance.
The main objective of this workshop is to provide hands-on training to the participants for all the steps in the research process and varied disciplines on the latest data analysis tools and techniques used in social sciences and management research.
The sessions of the workshop are designed in such a way that the participants will get theoretical as well as practical knowledge on each technique. This will enable the participants to understand, analyze, and select the appropriate hypothesis and technique for their research. The workshop aims to provide knowledge in the following areas:
- Formulation of Research Problem and Hypothesis
- A thorough knowledge about the concept, background, and assumptions of various data analysis techniques used in various types of social science and management research.
- In-depth knowledge of quantitative and qualitative data.
- Hands-on training on entering quantitative and qualitative data, data cleaning, data processing, data analysis, and interpretation.
- An application of integration of qualitative and quantitative data analysis techniques in multi-disciplinary research.
- How to deal with Ethical issues in conducting research and Plagiarism.
- Introduction to research – The role of research, various types of research, research process.
- Thinking like a researcher – Understanding research Problems, Concepts, Constructs, Variables, and Definitions.
- Problems and Hypotheses – Defining the research problem, Formulation of the research hypotheses, Critical
review of literature and research gap.
- Research design – Various types of research design, Field research, experimental, and Simulation.
- Methods of data collection – Primary and Secondary data collection methods, qualitative methods of data collection, Case Study Method.
- Attitude measurement and scaling – Types of measurement scales; Questionnaire designing -Content analysis, Reliability, and Validity.
- Sampling techniques – The nature of sampling, Probability sampling design, Non-probability sampling design, Determination of sample size.
- Processing and analysis of data and various techniques of testing of hypothesis.
- Ethical issues in conducting research and Plagiarism.
- Report generation, report writing, and APA/ MLA format – Title page, Abstract, Introduction, Methodology, Results, Discussion, References, and Appendices.
The registration fee for the students is INR 1000 (Postgraduate, M. Phil., Ph.D.) and for faculty is INR 1500 only.
Payment of registration fee should be made by NEFT or Online payment to the account of’ “HSS2020” A/c No. 77660100000076 IFSC Code: BARB0VJMNRE payable at Prayagraj. The registration fee includes course materials and a participation certificate.
To register for the workshop, click here. The last date to register is November 30, 2020.
All the participants will be provided with Certificates on successful completion of the workshop.
Dr. Ravindra Tripathi
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Number: 9451053756
For full notification, click the link below.