Registrations are invited for Online Workshop on Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) [PMAY-U] Awas Par Samvaad by NIT Silchar on 21-22 August 2021.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) [PMAY-U] Mission under Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) proposes to conduct workshops and seminars ‘Awas Par Samvaad’ for multiple stakeholders i.e. urban practitioners, engineering/ planning/ architecture/ social sciences/ finance students, faculties, academia, Civil Society Organisations, etc., from 1st July to 30th September 2021 through Educational Institutions and Primary Lending Institutions (PLIs )/Banks/ Housing Finance Companies (HFCs) in association with States/UTs.
Awas Par Samvaad aims to deliberate, discuss, disseminate share learning’s and knowledge on ‘Housing in Urban Spaces’ amongst multiple stakeholders belonging to varied streams of learning and practices e.g. engineering, urban community development, planning, finance, etc.
Developing countries especially those in Asia (India), are facing the challenge of a growing middle class with greater demand for housing facilities. Faster and more affordable methods of construction are being sought after now more than ever before. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been launched the Scheme “Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana” on 25th June 2015 envisages the vision of Housing for All by the year 2022 and target beneficiaries of the scheme would be poor and people living under Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and Low Income Group (LIG) categories.
From the past immemorial local available materials has been used as a construction material. The materials are used both in technical as well as non-technical ways. Our ancestors used mud, stone, Bamboo, lime, ash, natural fiber in construction of houses and these are fabricated as bricks, binding material, struts, posts, roofs, etc. in the construction of the houses.
The relevance of these materials grows in the present scenario due to challenges of global waring, climate change and sustainable development. The fast growth rate in India necessitates infrastructure development in the form of suitable space for housing, offices and industries. While acknowledging the need for building more structures, it is also most important to keep the environmental issues in the forefront.
- New emerging construction technologies and opportunities for Technograhis to learn and adopt from Light House Projects (LHPs) with real time demonstration.
- Changing faces of construction practices in India.
- Role of indigenous housing technologies in transforming Indian construction sector using local material and practices.
- Transformational role of innovative construction technologies in mass housing and large- scale adoption.
- Methods to make housing climate resilient adopting environment friendly practices and meeting Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Measures of Quality Control & Assurance in housing projects.
Click here for the online workshop link and registration.
Dr.L.V.Prasad M, Assistant Professor
Click here to view the official notification of Online Workshop on Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) [PMAY-U] Awas Par Samvaad by NIT Silchar.
You may also be interested in:
- Professional Certificate in Google IT Automation with Python [8 Months, Online]: Enroll Now!
- Online FDP on Machine Learning and Deep Learning Algorithms and Applications by NIT Warangal [Sep 27- Oct 1]: Register by Sep 20