The Department of Mathematics, National Institute of Technology (NIT), Tiruchirappalli is organizing an Online Online Workshop on Functional Analysis & Numerical Analysis from April 5 to 9, 2021.
The objective of the workshop is to familiarize various topics on functional analysis and numerical analysis. The Mathematical study of several real-life problems is incomplete without the concept of functional analysis. This workshop intends towards the bridging of two branches namely functional analysis and numerical analysis.
Sessions will also include the study of mathematical/ numerical tools from an engineering point of view. Tutorial sessions will be conducted for a better understanding of the concepts.
Several topics on functional and numerical analysis including but not limited to:
- Topology, metric spaces, compactification
- Operator version of Hahn – Banach theorem.
- Three fundamental theorems of functional analysis via Zabreiko’s lemma
- Weak, weak* topologies and Banach-Alaoglu theorem
- Analysis of linear and nonlinear PDEs
- Control of PDEs
- Analysis of hyperbolic/elliptic PDEs
- Numerical modelling and simulation (using MATLAB)
- Numerical treatment of real-life problems will be discussed.
- PG students: ₹ 500
- Research Scholars: ₹ 600
- Faculty/ Post Doc: ₹ 750
- R&D/ Industry personnel: ₹ 1000
The registration fee to be paid by using SBI-collect only. The payment for the registration includes GST and other taxes. The Registration fee is non-refundable.
To register for the workshop, click here. The last date to apply is March 25, 2021.
The workshop will take place via online video conferencing by the Cisco WebEx/ Google Meet platform. The schedule of the programme and the online meeting link will be shared with the participants through their registered email id.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For full notification, click the link below.