The Materials Research Centre, Malaviya National Institute of Technology (MNIT), Jaipur is organizing an Online Workshop on Modeling & Simulation Tools from October 20 to 24, 2020.
Malaviya National Institute of Technology Jaipur is one of the premier NITs, designated with the status of “Institute of National Importance” by the Ministry of Education.
The institute was established in 1963, and its campus spreads over 325 acres of lush green area in the central location of Jaipur city. The institute offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses (B. Tech., M. Tech./ MBA/ M.Sc. & Ph.D.) to about 4500 students, in leading fields of engineering, technology, architecture, management & sciences.
In the present scenario, modeling and simulation are finding a strong place in complementing theory and experiment. Tools available for modeling and simulation are showing promises not only in fundamental science research but giving paths to find answers to real-world problems. The power of these simulators lies in predicting behavior and properties of the system of interest, for analysis and quantification, performance prediction, and design.
Software tools available span a range on microstructure length scale, starting from the atomic scale to macroscale, providing you the option to choose a relevant scale of your interest.
This course will provide you the relevant theoretical background and hands-on computer training for the
below mentioned simulation tools.
- ABAQUS- Finite element Program which helps to model highly nonlinear systems.
- J-OCTA- Integrated Platform for Material Modelling from Sub-Atomic Modelling to MACRO scale.
- FRANC3D- This program is designed to simulate 3D crack growth in engineering structures.
All Lectures and hands-on training will are scheduled in the afternoon sessions, where lectures will be delivered by industry experts from DHIO Research & Engineering Pvt Ltd.
Who can Attend?
This workshop is organized to educate and train UG/ PG/ Ph.D./ students on simulation tools to model complex engineering problems. All the UG/ PG/ Ph.D. students are eligible to apply.
- To register for the course, click here.
- Limited seats are available.
- The participants will be awarded an E-Certificate based on the successful completion of the course.
- To make the participation serious, the link for the quiz (e-assessment) will be shared during or after the lecture and you have to submit it within 15 minutes after the lecture. This quiz will be MCQ based.
- Please note that an e-Certificate will be issued to those who will attend all planned e-sessions and submit all e-assessments.
- The last date to register is October 18, 2020.
Dr. Bhagwati Sharma
Materials Research Centre
Malaviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur
Mobile No: 9893082476
For full notification, click the link below.