The Department of Chemical Engineering, Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, (MANIT), Bhopal is organizing an Online Workshop on LaTeX for Engineers & Researcher from November 9 to 13, 2020.
Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology (MANIT) is an institution of national importance formerly known as Maulana Azad College of Technology (MACT). Presently, along with about 300 faculty members and 5000 students, the institute is successfully meeting the objective of producing professionally qualified manpower of the highest quality to cope with the challenges of the ever-evolving industrial needs of the country. The institute currently runs 9 UG and 31 PG courses and research programs leading to Ph.D.
LaTeX is a document preparation system that is effectively used in many scientific fields like Mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering, chemistry, physics, economics, linguistics, etc., to produce high-quality documents, like articles, books, dissertations, technical reports, etc. It is an essential, powerful, and open-source system that provides numerous facilities for automating typesetting of the document.
The main objective of this workshop is to impart the knowledge and understanding about the LaTeX system, explain the procedure of LaTeX typesetting and familiarize the participants with various document formats of LaTeX and enable them to prepare research articles, thesis, books, and presentations with confidence.
- Basic tools for formatting texts.
- Handling different types of documents.
- Document layout and organized into different sections, subsections, etc.
- Writing of complex mathematical formulae.
- Systematic management of tables, figures, and images.
- Conversion of Latex mathematical formulae into MS word formulae.
- Error messages and their rectification.
- Bibliographic database collection and citation using different tools and techniques.
- Presentation using Beamer.
- Latex in HTML.
Who can Attend?
The training program is open to the faculty members, UG, PG, and Ph.D. scholars.
Experts from MANIT Bhopal and other Academic and Research Institutions having rich experience in Latex.
- Category-I: UG/ PG/ Ph.D. Students from other institutes: Rs. 500
- Category-II: Faculty from other institutes: Rs. 750
- Category-III: No fees from MANIT Bhopal students & Faculty member
The fee can be electronically transferred to the account of Director, MANIT Bhopal, Account No. 10020150107, IFSC Code: SBIN0001608l Bank Name: SBI MANIT Bhopal. Please mention “LER-2020” in remarks while paying the online payment.
To register for the workshop, click here. The e-certificate will be given to the participants after completion of the course. The last date to register is November 5, 2020.
Limited seats are available for the workshop and participants will be selected on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Dr. Pushpendra Kumar
Department of Mathematics, Bioinformatics & Computer Applications, MANIT Bhopal
Phone: +91 9759720891
For full notification, click the link below.
Online Workshop on LaTeX for Engineers & Researcher by MANIT, Bhopal