About the Workshop
LaTeX is a document preparation system which is effectively used in many scientific fields like Mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering, chemistry, physics, economics, linguistics, etc., to produce high quality documents, like articles, books, dissertations, technical reports, etc. It is an essential, powerful and open-source system that provides numerous facilities for automating typesetting of the document.
The main objective of this workshop is to impart the knowledge and understanding about the LaTeX system, explain the procedure of LaTeX typesetting and familiarize the participants with various document formats of LaTeX and enable them to prepare research articles, thesis, books, and presentations with confidence.
Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology (MANIT) is an institution of national importance formerly known as Maulana Azad College of Technology (MACT). Presently, along with about 300 faculty members and 5000 students, the institute is successfully meeting the objective of producing professionally qualified manpower of the highest quality to cope with the challenges of ever evolving industrial needs of the country. The institute currently runs 9 UG and 31 PG courses and research programs leading to Ph.D
- Basic tools for formatting texts
- Handling different types of documents
- Document layout and organization into different sections, subsections, etc.
- Writing of complex mathematical formulae
- Systematic management of tables, figures and images
- Conversion of Latex mathematical formulae into MS word formulae
- Error messages and their rectification
- Bibliographic database collection and citation using different tools and techniques
- Presentation using Beamer
- Latex in HTML
Who should participate?
The training program is open to the faculty members, UG, PG and Ph.D. scholars.
- Interested candidates can register online via this page.
- Category-I: UG/PG/Ph.D. Students from other institutes Rs. 500, Category-II: Faculty from other institutes Rs. 750, Category-III: No fees from MANIT Bhopal students & Faculty members.
Dr. Pushpendra Kumarl
Phone: +91 9759720891
Dr. Narendra Gajbhiye
Phone: +91 9494424988