About the Workshop
In this contemporary world, creativity and innovation have become the continuous drivers for the economic growth and development of nations. The Government of India has come up with its campaign „Atmanirbhar Bharat‟ making India a self-reliant nation.
Entrepreneurs are those who creates a holistic ecosystem facilitating advancement and development in the field of technology in the world full of challenges and hurdles. There is an abundance of creative and innovative energies flowing in India. However, much of the Intellectual Property (IP) created remains unprotected.
The probable reasons could be lack of awareness, weak infrastructural support and perceptual mind blockages related to the complicated procedures associated with the Intellectual Property management. The Government of India had launched its flagship initiative “Start-up India” on January 16, 2016 so as to promote awareness and adoption of IPRs by the budding entrepreneurs and to facilitate them in protecting and commercializing their IPRs.
This workshop is designed to focus on right kind of orientation to the participants in strengthen knowledge of entrepreneurship with basic understanding and practical approach to the Intellectual Property Rights. The prime purpose of this workshop is to inspire young mind to become innovative and change makers.
- Concepts, Relevance and Forms of IPR
- International Agreements on IPR
- IPR & Technology Transfer
- IP Commercialization and Licensing
- Patentability Criteria with Case Studies
- Patent filing Procedure and Prior-art search
- Cases related to Patent Infringement
- Introduction to International IP Protection.
- Basics of Entrepreneurship and Identifying Business Opportunities.
- Project Feasibility and Business Plan for Entrepreneurial ventures.
- Scope of Entrepreneurship in North- Eastern Region
- IPR & Institution Industry Interaction
- Economic Implications of IPR
- Last Date for online registration: 30th August 2020
- Confirmation by E-Mail: 31st August 2020
- Workshop Dates: September 1st to 5th
Who can apply?
Faculty, Students (B.Tech, M.Tech, MBA), Research Scholars, IP practitioners, Law firms, Start ups, SMEs and budding entrepreneurs.
- Register online via this page.
- Registration fee: NIL
Dr. Saurabh Verma
Dr. Ashim Kumar Das