Delhi Metropolitan Education (DME), Noida, is organizing a Six-Day Workshop on Global Conflict and Dispute Resolution from Monday 6th September 2021 to Saturday 11th September 2021.
About DME Noida
Delhi Metropolitan Education is a premier educational institute, affiliated with Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU), a State University based in India.DME imparts education in the field of Law, Management and Journalism, and Mass Communication.
Research Cell: Research Cell, DME is an institutional level committee dedicated to facilitate and aid research and work untiringly towards the development of academic and research skills of faculty members and students. Its student body was developed to educate students about different aspects of research, providing them with a platform to cultivate and hone their skills.
About the Workshop
This online workshop on Global Conflict and Dispute Resolution (CDR) deals with the subject at three levels, International, Domestic/State, and Individual. There are various methods of peaceful management of Conflicts and Disputes: direct negotiation among the parties, various forms of mediation, good offices, and conciliation; and binding methods of third-party intervention (arbitration and adjudication). Each of these methods has its own advantages and disadvantages. This workshop is intended to analyze the scope of Mediation in Conflict and Dispute Resolution, its unique features, and how mediation can contribute to resolve conflicts and disputes and prevent their escalation at all these three levels. For the Workshop, we have invited speakers from around 8 time zones. We are collaborating with the mediators, lawyers, academicians, and entrepreneurs from a wide range of countries including Canada, the USA, the UK, South Africa, the Netherlands, India, and Australia.
A. Global Level Analysis
1. Scope of Mediation as a Profession: Dr. Kevin Brown- President, Mediation International
2. Mediation and Disputes in Outer-Space: Dr. Ricky Lee, Adjunct Professor of Law, University of Notre Dame Australia, Maria Manoli, Doctoral Candidate and Ujwala Iyengar, Master of Laws, Institute of Air and Space Law, McGill University
3. Data protection and Mediation: James Tumbridge, Partner leading the legal and disputes team of Venner Shipley LLP.
4. Mediation and International Trade Disputes: Hon. Rebecca Westerfield (Retd.), JAMS Mediator, Arbitrator, Special Master, Case Manager, and Prachi Mehta, TAG | The ADR Group, Arbitrators. Mediators. Conciliators
5. Mediation and Online Dispute Resolution: Chittu Nagarajan, Managing Director at Contract Wrangler India; Founder at CREK ODR
6. Mediation, Models, and the Mediator: Barry Greyvenstein, Vice-Chair @ South African Assoc. for Mediators, Co-Founder @ Mediation Academy SA
7. Mediation and Game Theory: John Sturrock, Founder and Senior Mediator at Core Solutions and Charlie Woods, Director, Scottish Universities Insight Institute, Mediator and Coach, Core Solutions
B. Domestic/ State-Level Analysis
1. Litigate or Mediate?: Justice Kurian Joseph, Supreme Court of India (Retd.) and Prachi Mehta, TAG | The ADR Group, Arbitrators. Mediators. Conciliators
2. Litigation over Mediation Settlement: Justice M.L. Mehta, High Court of Delhi (Retd.) and Co-Patron-in-Chief, DDRS and Rebecca Ross, Justice Partnerships Lead
3. Mediation and Rule of Law: Hazar Kaan Özkonak, PhD at Utrecht University (Utrecht, the Netherlands)
C. Individual-Level Analysis
1. Mediation and Juvenile Delinquency: Dr. Ajima Olaghere, Assistant Professor, Criminal Justice, Temple University, Philadelphia
2. Victim-Offender Mediation Programs: Dr Mark Umbreit, Professor, University of Minnesota and Founding Director, Center for Restorative Justice and Peacemaking
3. Workplace and Employment Mediation: Judith Kelbie, Founder-Director, London School of Mediation
The workshop is open to all.
Mode of the Workshop
The Workshop will be conducted via Zoom
e-Certificates for participation.
- Last Date of Registration: 25th August 2021
- Dates of the Workshop: 6th to 11th September 2021
How to Register?
Registration Fee: INR 700
Registration Link: Click here to register for the workshop.
Bank Details :
- Account Name: DME ADVANCED LEARNING LLP, KOTAK BANK, STELLAR IT PARK, SECTOR-62 NOIDA
- Account Number: 8012852631 (Current Account)
- IFSC: KKBK0005032
- Ms. Upasana Singh, Assistant Professor (Law), Convener GCDR
e-Mail Address: email@example.com
- Ms. Akanksha Marwah, Assistant Professor (Law) Co-Convener GCDR
e-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Convenor, Research Cell
- Ms. Aashna Aggarwal: 9811043614
- Mr. Ganesh Nair: 9968159019
Student Members, Research Cell, DME
- Mr. Rohit Kumar: 7004024,
- Ms. Tanisha Sharma: 729195959,
- Ms. Megha Mishra: 9818119164
Note: This is a fully optimized post, and includes social media publicity, college branding/logo, and SEO (search engine optimisation).