The Centre for Transporation & Logistics, Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad is organizing a workshop on “Electric Vehicle: A Primer for Beginners” shall familiarize participants in academia, and from industry with the key concepts and aspects of the EV industry. Also, the workshop shall pose some of the key challenges and opportunities both on the research and commercial fronts in the EV domain.
This is a two-session workshop (each session of 2 hours), and it is advised to attend both sessions.
- Session 1: June 15, 2021, at 5 – 7 PM IST followed by QA
- Session 2: June 22, 2021, at 5 – 7 PM IST followed by QA
Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad is a business school located in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. It is consistently ranked among the top business schools in India. The school has been accorded the status of an Institute of National Importance by the Ministry of Human Resources, Government of India in 2017.
- Key components of an electric vehicle (EV) and types of EVs
- Overview of related concepts including Li-Ion battery and Battery Management System
- Different types of EV charging (slow, fast, AC/DC)
- EV outlook (current state and projections in Indian and international market)
- Role of domain stakeholders in EV operations (drivers, fleet operators, charge point operators, mobility service providers, energy suppliers, OEMs)
- Electricity distribution network concepts to understand the role of utilities in EV
- EV Financing in India (current state, challenges, opportunities, and examples)
- EV Policy in India (FAME II, Electricity Rates, Subsidies)
- Research/commercial challenges and opportunities in India EV landscape including urban planning, end-user behavior, policy making, and infrastructure planning.
Interested candidates can register online by clicking here.
You might also be interested in: