The National Institute of Disaster Management (NIDM), Delhi is organizing an Online Training Program on Weather Data Forecasting & Multi-Hazard Early Warnings from June 25 to 27, 2020.
The training program will discuss the fundamental concept of disaster management post-COVID-19 coordinated across many agencies at national to local levels for the system to work
The National Institute of Disaster Management (NIDM), Ministry of Home Affairs, and Government of India is a premier institute, a Statutory Body, and has been assigned nodal responsibilities (under Disaster Management Act 2005) for training, research, documentation, awareness and human resources.
- To study the fundamental Concept of weather, weather data & forecasting and multi-hazard early warning
- To promote a new culture that Skymet has developed inculcating Public-Private Partnership with SDMAs and Agriculture across the country.
- The identify the roles and responsibilities of various public and private sector stakeholders for implementation of EWS should be clarified and reflected in the national to local regulatory frameworks, planning, budgetary, coordination, and operational mechanisms.
- Documentation of good practices and the development of guidelines and training modules on Multi-Hazard Early Warning Systems (MHEWS).
- The fundamental concept of disaster management post-COVID-19.
- Fundamental Concept of weather, weather data & forecasting, and multi-hazard early warning with Q&A.
- How Skymet is inculcating a new culture of Public-Private Partnership with SDMAs and other Departments across the country.
- Early Warning and preparedness in Multi-hazard context.
- Training Skills & Simulation Exercise.
- There is no registration fee to attend the course.
- To register online, click here.
- Certificates will be provided for those who have attended all three days.
Phone Number: 8285344712
For further details, click here.