The Department of Mechanical Engineering, S. V. National Institute of Technology (SVNIT), Surat is organizing an Online Training Program on Thermal Management: Overview, Challenges and Solutions from November 2 to 7, 2020.
The institute, one of the pioneering engineering institutions of the country, was established in 1961 as Sardar Vallabhbhai Regional College of Engineering & Technology and was given the status of National Institute of Technology, in 2002.
At present, there are six undergraduate courses, seventeen postgraduate courses, and Ph.D. programmers in all disciplines of engineering and applied sciences. It has an excellent placement record with a number of top-ranking companies visiting the campus. The whole campus has the connectivity to the internet with fiber-optic networks including faculty quarters and student hostel.
A thermal management system involves controlling temperature and dissipation of heat through technology. This technology is based on thermodynamics and heat transfer. This course aims to discuss the recent advancement in the research and development of thermal management technology.
From this STTP, participants will know the fundamental and the importance of thermal management in various engineering and scientific applications. Also, participants will learn the numerical/ experimental skills to solve problems related to thermal management.
- Thermal Management through Phase Change Materials (PCMs)
- Electronic Package.
- Battery Thermal Management.
- High Heat Flux Dissipation Using Micorchannel Heat Sinks.
- Thermal Management Through Micro and Nano Texturing.
- Thermal Management in Future Mode of Transport.
- Static and Dynamic Flow Boiling Instabilities in Two Phase Microchannel Heat Sinks.
- Evaporation Kinetics of Ferrofluid Droplets
- Heat pipes
- Datacenter Cooling
- Dr. C. Balaji (IIT Madras)
- Dr. Dibakar Rakshit (IIT Delhi)
- Dr. Ankur Miglani (IIT Indore)
- Dr. Balakrishna Mehta (IIT Bhilai)
- Dr. Chander Shekhar Shrama (IIT Ropar)
- Dr. Rahul Yadav (IIT Kanpur)
- Dr. Satya Sekhar (IIT Jammu)
- Dr. Srikanth R (Binghamton State University, USA)
- Dr. Manish Rathod (SVNIT Surat)
- Dr. Naresh Y (SVNIT Surat)
- Dr. Nikhil Baraiya (SVNIT Surat)
- Dr. M. Pullarao ( IIITDM Kurnool)
- Dr. Satyanand Abraham (NIT Warangal)
- Dr. Sampath Kumar (NIT Warangal)
- Mr. Vivek Sharma (ISRO, Ahmedabad)
- Mr. Ankit Kukadia (Reliance Industries Ltd, Mumbai)
- Dr. Javed Shaikh (Thermal Architect, Intel Corporation)
Who can Attend?
Faculty members, Research scholars, Industry personnel and practicing engineers are eligible for this STTP. Participants must have Bachelor’s degree in any discipline of Engineering.
Registration fee for the program is Rs. 300 for research students, Rs. 600 for faculty from academic institution and Rs. 5000 for industry personnel and practicing engineers. Participants have to send bonafide certificate/ photocopy of their valid identity card and payment details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The registration fee should be paid online mode in account of “Director SVNIT TEQIP IRG” A/C No: 0277101028663 Canara Bank, Nanpura Branch Surat, IFSC: CNRB0000277.
To register for the training program, click here. The last date to register is October 25, 2020.
The Number of participants is limited. Selection will be as per the eligibility, and on First-Come-First-Served basis. Short listed candidates will be informed through email. However, the certificate of participation will be issued only to those candidates securing more than 80 % attendance.
Phone Number: 8160503550
Email ID: email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Online FDP on Recent Trends in PDEs: Theory & Computations by NIT Andhra Pradesh [Nov 2-6]: Register by Oct 23.