The Centre for Disaster Mitigation and Management, Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT), Tamil Nadu is organizing an AICTE Sponsored Six-day Online Short Term Training Program-III On Sustainable Design of Chemical Process Plants by Using Aspen Plus and Aspen HYSYS Simulating Tools from September 21 to 26, 2020.
Through this training, the participants will be trained/ educated the participants to be able to recognize the process hazards in operating plants and field operations Hands-on sessions planned in this training are helpful for techno-economic measures, decision making, design, and evaluations in industries with safety and also to avoid catastrophic failures and disasters.
VIT was founded in 1984 as Vellore Engineering College by the Chancellor Dr. G. Viswanathan.
Sustainable design of chemical process plants using Aspen Plus and Aspen HYSYS:
- Storage tank safety, Design of Pressure Vacuum Relief Valve (PVRV) and Emergency Relief Valve
(ERV) using Aspen HYSYS.
- Insight to Process Safety Diagrams/ P&IDs.
- Disaster Mitigation in Industries by complying Work Permit Systems, Confined Space work procedures
- Industrial accidents/ Equipment failures Protection by Relief and Blowdown Systems (As per API 520 and API 521).
- Firefighting System Design For Process Plants.
- Insight to Flare network, Hands-on FLARENET Software.
- Industrial Safety Practices in the workplace.
- Industrial Disaster Mitigations by Plant Safety Studies (HAZOP/ PHA/ LOPA/ SIL).
- Insight to Sulfur Recovery Units Simulations in HYSYS.
- Waste Disposal Systems, Effluent, and Waste Water Treatment Systems.
- Removal of H2S and CO2 from hydrocarbon Gases in HYSYS.
- Insight to Hazardous Area Classification for Process Plants, Tank Farms.
Who can Attend?
The workshop is open to the Faculty of AICTE approved technical institutions, Research Scholars, Persons working in R&D organizations, and Chemical & Allied Industries. The number of participants is limited to Fifty only.
Hands-on sessions will be handled by experts from premier academic Institutions and Industries.
There is no registration fee for the training program. To download the registration form, click here.
The filled-in registration form is to be mailed to email@example.com. The last date to register is September 18, 2020.
For full notification, click the link below.