The Electronics Engineering Department, S. V. National Institute of Technology (SVNIT), Surat is organizing an Online Training Program on Recent trends in Optical Engineering from October 19 to 23, 2020.
The objective of this one-week Short Term Training Program (STTP) is to generate the platform for bringing out the challenges in the field of optical engineering. Applications of optics are found in almost every aspect of our life, ranging from daily life to highly innovative science.
The Institute was initially established as Sardar Vallabhbhai Regional College of Engineering & Technology in 1961. It was later upgraded as a National Institute of Technology in 2002. It has been accorded the status of institute of national importance. SVNIT is one of the pioneering engineering institutions of the country which has nurtured many outstanding engineers in India & abroad.
- This STTP aims at providing an insight into “Recent trends in Optical engineering”. Mainly motivate and aware of the researchers and research-oriented people about the recent advancement in this area.
- The course is intended to cover the traditional as well as advanced topics of photonics and its applications.
- During this program, our focus is to develop an awareness of optical engineering, Photonic Crystal fibers, optical waveguides/ sensors, and devices, along with the impact of photonics in communication backhaul and for better understanding of different phenomena and challenges of photonics technology.
- This program can serve as an excellent platform to get the concepts of both basics and recent developments in photonics technologies, as well as support in the teaching and research community associated with the departments of electronics, electrical engineering, and physics, etc.
- Optical fiber-based Plasmonics Biosensors for Clinical Applications
- Modern trends and developments in semiconductor optoelectronics
- Optical technologies enabled by Nanophotonics
- Photonic Devices
- Photonic Crystal based solar cell
- Fiber optic sensors and its applications
- Future of Integrated Circuits-Silicon Photonics
- Hi-Fidelity Distributed Fiber Sensors
- Role of Photonic spin hall effect in sensing application
- Optical digital computation using some optical switching units
Who can Attend?
Applications are invited from interested researchers (Ph.D./ M.Tech) and faculty members from academia, R&D laboratories, industries, and M.Sc students for participation in this STTP.
The resource persons for the STTP shall be the faculty of the Institute itself, eminent speakers from other IIT’s/ IIIT’s/ NITs along with persons from the Industries and academia.
- For Faculty: Rs.600
- For Research Scholar and PG Students: Rs. 300
- For Industry Person: Rs. 5000
The non-refundable registration fee should be paid through net banking to the following bank account details: Name of Bank: Canara Bank; Account Name: Director SVNIT TEQIP IRG; Account No: 0277101028663; IFSC Code: CNRB0000277.
While paying through the net-banking, in remarks the purpose is to be written as “RTOE-2020 Registration Fee”. (kindly save the receipt or take a screenshot of the payment).
To register for the Training Program, click here. The last date to register is October 16, 2020.
Dr. Abhilash Mandloi
Phone Number: 7016786449
For full notification, click the link below.