The Department of Civil Engineering, Visvesvasraya National Institute of Technology (VNIT), Nagpur is organizing an Online Training Program on An Introduction to Statistical Procedures & Analysis for Engineers from July 12 to 16, 2021.
The Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology (SVNIT), Surat is an institute of national importance, funded by the Government of India. This institute is spread over 100 hectares of land on the Surat-Dumas Road. The Institute is established in 1961 in the State of Gujarat as one of the Regional Engineering Colleges, became the National Institute of Technology (NIT) on 4th October 2002.
The main objectives of this training program are:
- Understand the importance of statistical tools in experiments and benefits in research and process development.
- Apply the techniques to achieve quality in academic research.
The broad outline of the course is as follows:
- Introduction to probability and commonly used probability functions like Normal distribution
- Introduction to statistics, Sample mean, Sample variance, Graphical representation using Sample Quantiles, Box-plots, Histogram
- Hypothesis Testing: z, t, and Chi-square tests
- Introduction to ANOVA, Linear Regression
- Solving statistical problems using MS-Excel
Students, faculty members, and scientists from an engineering background can apply for the STTP.
The registration fee (including GST) is as follows: For Students: Rs.600/-; For Faculty/ Scientists: 1000/-.
The sessions will be conducted live online via Webex or any other suitable ONLINE portal. Certificates will be posted to your registered address on successful completion of the program. The number of participants for the program is limited to 100 on first-come-first-serve-basis.
To register for the course, click here.
Payment and registration details will be sent on the mail id after the participant submits his/ her details. The last date to apply is July 10, 2021.
You might also be interested in: