About the Program
The scopes of modelling and simulation have tremendously been increased in the recent years. With the faster growth of high-performance computer, it has been possible to solve complex problems of fluid flow and heat transfer. The modelling techniques are also significantly improved because of the ever increasing computing power.
Computational fluid dynamics modelling has now become extremely useful in the design of many thermal systems. The objective of the course is to emphasize the participants with the basic need of modelling for heat transfer problems.
Basic concepts of various computational methods which include the traditional as well emerging methods would be presented. The course also aims at giving the participants an exposure to various complex topics of fluid flow and heat transfer.
The following are the main contents of the course:
- Basic governing equations of fluid flow and heat transfer.
- Discretization of governing equations for pure conduction, conduction-convection and transient heat transfer
- Properties of numerical methods
- Overview of turbulence models.
- SIMPLE algorithm for pressure-velocity coupling
- Introduction to meshing tool (ICEM) and finite volume based solver ANSYS-FLUENT.
- Structured and unstructured meshing
- Application of CFD to important problems of mechanical and aerospace engineering
- Overview of application of CFD in Bio-heat transfer application.
Last Date of Registration: September 01, 2020
Who will benefit?
- Students: UG, PG, PhD (Mechanical, Civil, Chemical)
- Faculty of Engineering: (Mechanical, Civil, Chemical)
- Other Professionals: Engineers & Scientists from Industry and R & D Organizations
- Interested candidates can register via this page.
- Research Scholars (only 5 seats): Rs. 400/-
Faculty: Rs. 500/-
Industry Delegate: Rs. 1000/-
Dr Amit Kumar