VNIT Nagpur is organising Online Training Program on Essential Chemistry for Waste Water Treatment & Basic Statistics for Sample Analysis for Environmental Engineers on June 14-19 2021.
About the Course
Historically, waste-water treatment plants (WWTP) have been designed from hydraulic considerations with little importance to the underlying chemistry of the processes. Knowledge of the chemical processes used for removal of pollutants from wastewater is very essential in design, operation and troubleshooting of a WWTP. Along with the process chemistry, basic knowledge of statistical techniques is also essential for the analysis of data and QA/QC of laboratory samples.
The main objectives of this online training program are to:
- Understand the importance of chemical processes in waste water treatment and their application in WWTPs design and operation.
- Understand the basic statistics tools for laboratory sample analysis and QA/QC.
The broad outline of the course is as follows:
- Waste water Treatment: Application of Thermodynamics and Kinetics, Chemistry of Complex formation, Redox Reactions in waste water treatment. Hands on solving of problem using Ms-Excel and VMINITEQ-software
- Basic Statistics: t and z-test, detection of outliers, inter laboratory comparison, method detection limit.
- The registration fee (including GST) is as follows Students: Rs.600/- Faculty/ Scientists: 1200/-
- The sessions will be conducted live online via Webex or any other suitable ONLINE platform.
- Certificates will be posted to your registered address on successful completion of the program.
- The number of participants for the program is limited to 150 on first come first serve basis.
- Interested candidates can register via this page.
Last date to complete payment and registration is 11 June 2021.
Mr. Aniket Dahasahastra
Click here to view the the official notification Online Training Program on Essential Chemistry for Waste Water Treatment.
You may also be interested in: