The National Institute of Disaster Management, Delhi is organizing an Online Training Program on Environment & Disaster: Integrated Risk, Resilience, and Sustainable Development from June 22 to 24, 2020.
The aim of the program is to broaden the understanding and improve the knowledge of the participants on integrated disaster risk management for building a sustainable and a resilient environment.
The National Institute of Disaster Management (NIDM), Ministry of Home Affairs, and Government of India is a premier institute, a Statutory Body and has been assigned nodal responsibilities (under Disaster Management Act 2005) for training, research, documentation, awareness and human resources and capacity development in the field of disaster mitigation and management in India and in the region.
The program will broadly cover the topics and issues related to the environment and disaster. Some of the topics to be covered are the following:
- Environment and Disaster: Integrated Risk Management.
- Climate Change and DRR
- Greening Disaster Relief and Recovery
- Climate Change and Health Resilience
- Disaster and Waste management
- Water Contamination and its implications on Environment
- Industrial and Chemical accidents and their environmental Implications
- Climate Extreme Events Resilience in Agriculture sector
- Role of Environmental Policy Instruments, EIA, LCA, Green Growth, and Ecological Economics.
- Region-specific issues – Himalayan, Coastal, Desert, River basins, etc.
- Nature-based solutions and Ecosystem-based approach to DRR
- Multi-hazard approach of Disaster Risk Management
- Forestry, wildlife, protected areas, and DRR
- Disaster management plan of the environment sector(s
The main target groups for this course are officials from different line departments of Central & State government, Professionals from public and private sectors/ Environment managers/ Disaster Managers scientists/ academicians/ scientists and researchers/ scholars/ Students/ private sectors/ NGOs, etc.
- There is no registration fee to attend the course.
- To register online, click here.
- Certificates will be provided for those who have attended all three days.
Phone Number: 8285344712
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in Online Course on Essential Tools in Optimization at NIT Jalandhar [Jun 25-29]: Registrations Open.