The Department of Materials and Metallurgical Engineering in collaboration with the Department of Physics, MANIT, Bhopal is organizing an Online Short-Term Training Course on X-ray Diffraction: Theory, Methods, and Workflow from September 6 to 15, 2021.
The scope of this course is firstly to acquaint participants with a fundamental understanding of the theoretical basis as well as the practical applications of powder diffractometry followed by a demonstration of XRD analysis techniques. Secondly, to provide hands-on training to determine the crystal and molecular structure from the measured X-ray diffraction data.
Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology Bhopal (An Institution of National Importance), offers various undergraduate and postgraduate courses and research programs. Under the peaceful and friendly environment, MANIT is producing technocrats who are resources to the Nation and the world. Our bright students with excellent technical skills have always contributed to the successes of various sections of the technical group.
- Basics of X-Ray Powder Diffraction, Principal and crystallography History of X-rays.
- Diffractometer: Theory and Instrumental Details (Tube design, Goniometer, Detector, sample holder).
- Demonstration of Equipment.
- Sample preparation: Powders (grain size effects, packing/ preferred orientation, sample height, and width) Thin-films, Capillary/ fibers, Single crystal, and biological samples.
- Data collection, optimization of scan parameters, scan optimization, Profile Fitting for Quantitative Analysis.
- Acquisition of pattern, Peak indexing, Phase identification.
- Scherrer Equation, Williamson -Hall Plot, Calculation of Crystallite Size and Lattice strain.
- X-ray Technique for Thin-film Study and Fundamentals of Rietveld Refinement XRD Simulation.
Who can Attend?
- Beginners: those who are new to x-ray diffraction.
- Undergraduate and postgraduate students of science and engineering discipline looking for certified courses.
- Research scholars looking for interpreting their XRD data.
- Analysts or Technicians looking for a refresher course.
- Lab managers who are responsible for the instrument or generating data in the production line.
- Teaching faculty who are handling this course.
- Service and Marketing Engineers of these instruments who need to update their understanding of structures.
- Students and Research Scholars: Rs. 500/-
- Teaching/ Research Faculties, Industry experts: Rs. 1000/-
Details for online payments: Account Name: Director MANIT Bhopal; Bank Name: State Bank of India; Bank Address: MANIT (MACT) Bhopal, M.P., India; Account No: 10020150107; IFSC Code: SBIN0001608.
To download the application form, click here.
The filled-in registration form should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The last date to register is August 30, 2021.
Click here to view the official notification for the Online Training Course on X-Ray Diffraction by MANIT, Bhopal
You might also be interested in: