Applications are invited for the Online Short Term Internship Programme (OSTI 2021) by National Human Rights Commission (NHRC).
The National Human Rights Commission has expressly been mandated to promote Human Rights literacy and awareness vide Section 12 (h) of the Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993. With a view to spread awareness among University students about the need for protection and promotion of Human Rights, the Commission has been regularly conducting Internship Programmes’ since 1998.
About the Internship
For the Month of April 2021 the “Online Short Term Internship Programme April 2021 (OSTI- April, 2021)” will commence from 16th April, 2021 (Friday) to 30th April 2021 (Friday) (15 days).
Eligibility and selection criteria will be as follows:
- Students studying in 3rd year and onwards of any integrated 5 year PG course
- Students studying in 3rd / final year of graduation course
- Students of any semester/year of any post-graduate degree course
- Students of any semester/ year of any post-graduate diploma course
- Students who are research scholars in any stream.
- Students must have consistently attained a minimum of 60% marks in Class XII and all subsequent courses including the presently pursued courses.
- The calculated percentage has to be mentioned clearly from their CGPA/SGPA along with the formula for percentage obtained.
A 250 words write-up on the topic “ Statement of Purpose (SoP) for joining NHRC Online Short Term Internship” will be required to be submitted by the applicants along with the application form online which will also serve as a basis of selection. Students who have research potential in the areas relating to human rights will be preferred (to be indicated in the write-up).
About 50 sessions on various human rights issues are proposed to be covered to sensitize the interns. The OSTI- April, 2021 will include the following inputs:
- Address/Interaction with Hon’ble Chairperson / Members of NHRC and other domain Experts
- Project work on Human Right issues.
- Book Review to be submitted by the students
- Films on Human Rights & Discussion – Child Labour issues, Water Sanitation, Sports, Anti Trafficking, Health including mental health and Education issues and discussions etc.
- Virtual Field Visit
- Virtual visit to Jail
- Virtual field visit to Police Station
- Virtual field visit to NGO
- All the student interns successfully completing the internship would receive a stipend of Rs. 2000/- (Rupees Two Thousand only)
- Certificate of participation will be awarded to the candidates on the basis of the following parameters:
- Attendance, Punctuality, Discipline, Participation in online sessions is mandatory;
- Project Presentation & Project Reports and Book Review have to be submitted timely.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the internship opportunity through this link.
April 4, 2021
Senior Research Officer (Training) Unit
National Human Rights Commission
Room No. 214, Manav Adhikar Bhawan Block-C, GPO Complex,
INA, New Delhi – 110023
Phone: +91-11- 24663283, 24663371
For more details, click the link below.