Applications are invited for Online Short Term Internship Programme 2022 at NHRC. The last date of application is 5 June.
The National Human Rights Commission has expressly been mandated to promote Human Rights literacy and awareness vide Section 12 (h) of the Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993. With a view to spread awareness among University students about the need for protection and promotion of Human Rights, the Commission has been regularly conducting Internship Programmes’ since 1998.
Applications are invited from eligible students of the entire country. Eligibility and selection criteria will be as follows:-
- Students studying in 3rd year and onwards of an integrated 5 year PG course
- Students studying in 3rd/final year of graduation course
- Students of any semester/year of any post-graduate degree course
- Students of any semester/year of any post-graduate diploma course
- Students who are research scholars in any stream
Students who have research potential in the areas relating to human rights will be preferred (to be indicated in the write-up).
Students must have consistently attained a minimum of 60% marks in Class XII and all subsequent courses including the presently pursued courses. The calculated percentage has to be mentioned clearly from their CGPA/SGPA along with the formula for the percentage obtained. Failure to do either of it so would result in rejection of the application form.
About 50 sessions on various human rights issues are proposed to be covered to sensitize the interns. The Online SIP 2021 will include following inputs:
- Address/Interaction with Hon’ble Chairperson and Members of NHRC and other domain Experts
- Project work on Human Right issues.
- Book Review to be submitted by the students
- Films on Human Rights & Discussion – Child Labour issues, Anti Trafficking, Health including mental health and Education issues and discussions.
- Virtual Field Visit
- Virtual visit to Jail
- Virtual field visit to Police Station
- Virtual field visit to NGO
The students get to see the working of these institutions and may get their related questions addressed.
The ‘Application Form’ for NHRC Online Short Term Internship Programme 2021 is available at the link ‘Online Short Term Internship’. Application is to be submitted online using the link Online Short Term Internship available at NHRC’s website. OR
Click here to apply for the same. The final list of selected interns will be displayed on the NHRC website.
Stipend & Awards
- All the student interns successfully completing the internship would receive a stipend of Rs. 2000/- (Rupees Two Thousand only)
- Certificate of participation will be awarded to the candidates on the basis of the following parameters:
- Attendance, Punctuality, Discipline, Participation in online sessions is mandatory;
- Project Presentation & Project Reports and Book Review have to be submitted timely.
Call: 011–24663283, 24663371 (between 10.00 am to 6.00 pm on working days, i.e. Monday to Friday).
Click here to view the official notification of Online Short Term Internship Programme 2022 at NHRC.
You may also be interested in: