The International Center for Theoretical Sciences (ICTS), Bangalore is organizing a Bangalore School on Statistical Physics by ICTS, Bangalore from June 28 to July 9, 2021.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the school will be conducted through online lectures. This advanced-level school is the twelfth in the series. This is a pedagogical school, aimed at bridging the gap between masters-level courses and topics in statistical physics at the frontline of current research. It is intended for Ph.D. students, post-doctoral fellows, and interested faculty members.
The International Centre for Theoretical Sciences, a center of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, is a research institute based in Bengaluru, India. Founded in 2007, ICTS has grown from a fledgling institution to a global center of activity in various areas of science.
The following courses will be offered.
- Introduction to Statistical field theories of athermal systems by Bulbul Chakrabarty (Brandeis University, US)
- Out of equilibrium dynamics of complex systems by Leticia Cugliandolo (Sorbonne University, France)
- Introduction to open quantum systems by Manas Kulkarni (ICTS, Bangalore)
- Dyson Brownian motion, free fermions and connections to Random Matrix Theory by Gregory Schehr (Sorbonne University, France)
- Non-equilibrium and periodically driven quantum systems by Arnab Sen (IACS, Kolkata)
- Markov processes and applications by Hugo Touchette (Stellenbosch University, South Africa)
To register for the program, click here. The last date to register is June 15, 2021.
You might also be interested in: