The Tata Institute for Social Sciences, Mumbai invites applications for an Online Program in Social Entrepreneurship which is a 6-month online course and will start from June 15, 2020.
The course will help participants from different disciplines and various sectors to learn about social entrepreneurship and be sensitized to consider the consequences of their decisions on social and environmental concerns. The program will address issues such as inclusive growth, social security, and carbon footprint to create a lasting impact on the decision dynamics of the social entrepreneurs and professional managers.
The participants would learn the basics of addressing the pressing issues entrepreneurially while building a sustainable business. Briefly, the participants will benefit by –
- Learning the basics of Social Entrepreneurship
- Learning the basics of venture creation
- Learning the key tools for managing a business
- A platform where participants will learn from each other, and,
- By co-creating an ecosystem of support to sustainable social venture creation process which will have a lasting social and environmental impact
The Program has been divided into four modules with four courses shall be offered in each Module. Each Course is further divided into 10 sessions. It is expected that the students will engage for 2 hrs per session. The last Module – Module IV will be exclusively for fieldwork. The overview of the program is as below:
- Entrepreneurship & Social Entrepreneurship
- Social Sector Perspectives & Interventions
- Sustainable Development & Social Ventures
- Problem Mapping
- Basic Accounting & Costing
- Social marketing
- Operation Management
- Venture Planning for Impact
- Financial Management & Fund Raising
- Online Learning Process Focus – self and group learning with problem-solving, case studies, lectures, reflective and participative discussions.
- Field-Based Learning Process Focus – experiences from the practitioners; self, reflective and participative discussions.
- The specific teaching method would depend on the types of courses and the teaching strategy-fit designed by the respective faculty.
Undergraduate: 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 (in case of engineering and other recognized degrees of 4 years duration)
Business and Social Entrepreneurs, CSR professionals, social workers, aspiring individuals to become social entrepreneurs and scholars/ academicians.
INR 50,000/-. The fee needs to be paid in two equal installments of Rs 25,000 each. The candidate has to submit the first installment at the commencement of the program while the second installment needs to be submitted after the completion of the second module.
Screening of applications and written Statement of Purpose (SoP). Proficiency in the English language will be necessary.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is May 21, 2020.
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in Google IT Automation with Python Professional Certificate [6 Months, Fully Online]: Enroll Now!.