The Department of Computer Science & Engineering, National Institute of Technology (NIT), Warangal is organizing an Online Continuing Education Program on “Machine Learning Models for Disease Diagnosis: A Practical Approach” from December 20 to 24, 2020.
National Institute of Technology Warangal, formerly known as Regional Engineering College was established in 1959. Over the years it has developed into a premier institute of higher learning and is ranked among the top technical education institutions in India.
There are 13 Departments offering eight undergraduate and 32 post-graduate programs besides doctoral programs. About 5000 students across the country and about 500 international students study on the campus. It is a fully residential campus sprawling over 250 acres with excellent infrastructure, state of the art library, seminar halls, guest houses, and laboratories.
- The objective of the FDP is to introduce the fundamentals of Machine Learning with its application in health care.
- The program would help the participants to understand the key concepts behind machine learning models.
- To give comprehensive knowledge of various classification, clustering, and ensemble models.
- To learn hyper-parameter and its fine-tuning.
- This FDP also focuses on exploring various research opportunities and challenges in the healthcare field using machine learning.
- Introduction to Machine Learning, Foundational Concepts.
- Supervised Learning: Artificial Neural Networks, Statistical Classification Models, Case studies, and Medical Applications.
- Unsupervised Learning: Clustering, Cluster Validity Indices, Case Studies, and Medical Applications.
- Ensemble Learning: Ada-Boosting, Stacking, Multi-Level, Sequential Models, Case Studies, and Medical Applications.
- Anomaly Detection for Medical Data: LOF, Normal Distribution, etc.
- Improving Machine Learning Models: Hyper-parameter tuning, Regularization, and Optimization.
- Hands-on Tour to Machine Learning models, Public Datasets.
Who can Attend?
Faculty members in all disciplines of Engineering, Sciences, Mathematics, Life sciences, Management, Post-Doctoral Fellows, Research Scholars, PG students, UG students who have an aptitude to work in the areas of Deep Learning are invited to apply.
Eminent faculty from IITs, NITs, IIITs, Central Universities, Industry, and Senior Faculty from different departments of NIT Warangal, will deliver lectures and conduct the hands-on session.
- Faculty, Post-doctoral fellows, Research Scholars, PG students, UG students: Rs. 500 /-
- Industry participants: Rs. 1000/-
The registration fee may be remitted Online through NEFT to the Bank account: Account Number: 62403680215 (Savings Account); Account Name: Center for Continuing Education NITW; Bank Name: State Bank of India (SBI); Branch: NIT Warangal; IFSC Code: SBIN0020149.
To register online for the course, click here. The last date to register is November 30, 2020.
As the program is conducted online, the number of participants in the workshop is limited to 100. Candidates are advised to register early to avoid disappointment.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For full notification, click the link below.