Visvesvasraya National Institute of Technology (VNIT), Nagpur is organizing an Online Short-Term Training Program on Introduction to Discrete-Event Modeling & Simulation from July 26 to 30, 2021.
The Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology (SVNIT), Surat is an institute of national importance, funded by the Government of India. This institute is spread over 100 hectares of land on the Surat-Dumas Road. The Institute is established in 1961 in the State of Gujarat as one of the Regional Engineering Colleges, became the National Institute of Technology (NIT) on 4th October 2002.
The O-STTP objective is to provide both an understanding of, and hands-on experience with tools and technique used in Discrete-event Modelling and Simulation. By the end of this O-STTP, it is expected to develop skills like:
- Basic Understanding of Discrete-event Simulation (DES).
- Tools and techniques for simple and complex industrial systems modeling.
- Hands-on use of DES copyright software.
- Analysis of “What-if” and “What is” techniques
- Developing Results and solutions for Industrial scenarios like breakdowns, bottleneck, space, resources, inventories, etc.
The tentative topics and hands-on training are to be covered as scheduled timings (09:00 to 12:00 Hrs and 13:00 to 16:00 Hrs) on WebEx platform. Some of the topics planned are: –
- Day 1: Inaugural Session, Introduction of DES in Industrial Engineering (IE), Understanding IE/ DES Terminologies, Set up Simul8
- Day 2: Introduction to Simul8: Basic Features, Introduction to Health Care, Problem Statement and Model Building, Health Care: Model Building & Analysis, Review Final Model + Q&A Session.
- Day 3: Introduction to Simul8: Basic Features – Part 2, Introduction to Supply Chain Problem Statement and Model Building, Supply Chain: Model Building & Analysis, Review Final Model Q&A Session.
- Day 4: Introduction to Simul8: Advanced Features, Introduction to Manufacturing Problem statement and Model building, Manufacturing: Model Building & Analysis, Review Final Model Q&A Session.
- Day 5: Evolution of DES in U.S. & Simulation Methodologies, Analysis Using DES, Introduce DES into Engineering Curriculum, How DES is being taught in colleges in US/ Q&A Session, Online Exam/ Vote of Thanks.
Who can Attend?
Participants should be from AICTE approved institutions. Participants can be Faculty members, research scholars, PG Scholars, participants from Government, Industry (Bureaucrats/ Technicians/ Participants from Industry etc.) and staff of host institutions.
There is no registration fee. However, prior Registrations is Mandatory, as seats are limited (200 Nos. subjected to change). The selection criterion is reserved.
To register for the course, click here. The last date to register is July 20, 2021. Attendance (> 80%) and examination (marks > 60%) for participation certificate and DES understanding is mandatory.
You might also be interested in: