SVNIT Surat is organizing an Online Training Program on Design of Water-Related Infrastructures for Smart City from July 27 to 31, 2020. The course is aimed at engineering professionals, municipal/ government engineers, engineering institute teachers, and research scholars working in the area of design of water-related infrastructures for the smart city.
At the end of the course, the participants of the course should be able to design and analyze the stormwater network, sewerage network, water distribution network, and water hammer in pipe networks for the urban area and able to make a conditional assessment of the existing network using modern software.
Also, the participants should understand the impact of climate change on the urban stormwater network and its implications on the present stormwater network design.
- Development of IDF curves
- Flood Estimation Practice in India
- Basic concepts of Storm-water network
- Hydraulics of storm-water drainage as per CPHEEO recommendations
- Design of storm drainage network for Smart city using SewerGEMS
- Hydraulic Principles and Design considerations of the Water Distribution Network as per CPHEEO guidelines
- Hands-on training of Design of Water Distribution Network using LOOP.
The training program is open to engineering professionals, field engineers, teachers from engineering colleges (both degree and polytechnic colleges), and Research Scholars/ PG Students working in said area are invited to apply.
- The registration fees for the program shall be Rs. 1000/- for field engineers and Rs.500/- for faculties from engineering colleges and research scholars and Rs. 200/- for the PG students.
- The registration fee should be sent in the form of a DD in favor of “Director SVNIT, TEQIP IRG” payable at Surat.
- In case, if a candidate is not selected for the training program, the DD will be returned at the address provided in the registration form.
To download the registration form, click here.
The registration form may be submitted through mail to email@example.com on or before July 22, 2020. The list of selected applicants will be displayed on the website of SVNIT Surat by July 24, 2020.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in Online Workshop on Advanced Techniques for Materials Characterization by MNIT Jaipur [July 6-10]: Register by July 4.