The Online National Declamation Competition on Gandhi Jayanti is organized by UILS, Panjab University, Chandigarh.
About the Organiser
University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS) was established as the constituent department of Panjab University, in the academic session 2004-05. During a short period, it has emerged as one of the premier legal Institutes with a unique blend of tradition and modernity.
Theme of Competition
The participants are free to choose their topic from the below-mentioned themes:
- Nonviolence and Multilateral Diplomacy
- Relevance of Gandhian Philosophy in the 21st century
- India and the Anglo-Boer War
- Gandhi – from an Ordinary Barrister to the Father of Nation
- Movement of Truth & Force: Satyagrah
- The competition is open to all the students pursuing a Bachelor’s/Master’s/PG degree or Certificate course from any affiliated University/College/Institute.
- No restriction on the number of entries from one university/college/institute.
- The language of the contest shall be English only.
- The participants will speak on the topic with areas given on.
- The speech will be of 5-7 minutes duration. The time limit will be strictly enforced. The first warning bell would be struck at the 5th minute. The final warning bell will be given 30 seconds before the 7th minute.
- The speaker is expected to memorize their speech and is not allowed to read any part of the speech from papers, notes, or cards.
The contestants may keep in view the following points while delivering their speech:-
- Greeting & introduction of the subject.
- Exposition of the main theme (Conciseness & clarity of message, originality/points of interest, Incorporation of Personal References, Quotations, etc).
- Memorization (evaluated by pauses)
- Verbal Clarity (Annunciation and pronunciation of words, voice strength, and projection) Presentation/Speaking style (Mannerisms, Audience contact and voice modulation, ability to keep the audience engaged by their speaking style).
- The 1st Winner will get a cash prize of Rs. 1500 + Certificate of Merit (E-Certificate).
- The 2nd Winner will get a cash prize of Rs. 1200+ Certificate of Merit (E-Certificate).
- The 3rdWinner will get a cash prize of Rs. 900 + Certificate of Merit (E-Certificate).
- All the participants will be given the Certificate of Participation (E-Certificate).
How to Register?
- Interested participants can register for the competition through this link.
- There is no registration fee for the competition.
- Participants can register themselves till October 06, 2021.
Important Dates and Platforms
- The Declamation Competition will be conducted via Microsoft Teams.
- Link & schedule will be provided via mail to the participants.
- Preliminary Round: 8.10.2021
- Final Round: 10.10.2021
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vaibhav Goyal (President): 9781520216
- Rabia Mittal (Secretary): 9780212040
- Pranjali Aggarwal (Treasurer): 7858820006
- Prakhar Sharma (Event Coordinator): 9813755975
- Ujjawal Aggarwal (Event Coordinator): 7009178394
- Drishti (Event Coordinator): 946390899