About the Symposium
Probing the mechanical behaviour of materials at the nanoscale is necessary for the development of new nanostructured materials and continued miniaturization of engineering devices, electronic components, thin films and surface coatings.
This program will cover topics related to cutting edge developments in nanoscale mechanical characterization of materials such as metals, alloys, ceramics and organic crystals; which will be used for such applications. The lecture themes are relevant to both audiences from academia and industry.
- 2:00 pm to 2:10 pm – Welcome Remarks and Introduction I Prof B. K. Mishra, Director, IIT Goa
- 2:10 pm to 3:00 pm Keynote Talk I “Challenges in using nanoindentation to determine mechanical properties of viscoelastic materials” I Prof Prita Pant, Professor, Indian Institute of Technology – Bombay, India
- 3:00 pm to 3:50 pm “High-throughput experimental techniques to measure the CRSS for slip and twinning in Mg and Mg alloys” | Prof Javier Llorca, Scientific Director, IMDEA Materials Institute, Madrid, Spain
- 3:50 pm to 4:30 pm Hybrid Techniques in Nanomechanical Testing: Dynamic Mechanical Analysis & High Throughput Indentation | Dr. Syed Asif, R&D Director, Industron Nanotechnology Pvt Ltd, Minneapolis , USA
- 4:30 pm Vote of Thanks I Pratyank Rastogi, Manager -Sales & Service: Industron Nanotechnology Pvt., Trivandrum, India.
Interested candidates can register via this page.
Mob: +91 9048542221