About the MDP
Engineering Econometrics, an important branch in mathematical sciences, is the application of statistical methods to data analysis in order to give empirical content to various engineering relationships. It is very vital today for all engineering professionals, particularly for researchers, engineers, and analysts.
The engineering world is very dynamic today, especially with reference to abundance of information and multidisciplinary research. So it is a burden on the decision maker to analyse information and take meaningful decisions. With the availability of various econometrics tools and userfriendly statistical software, the ability to analyse large amount of engineering data is not only desirable, but a necessity for any professionals.
Such techniques and software are usually complex and confusing for the inexperienced. There are several issues in this process like selection of technique, software, interpretation of results and so forth. The objective of this MDP is to emphasize broad range of econometric techniques for engineering data and to foster multi-disciplinary research in these areas.
- Module 1: Introduction to Engineering Econometrics
- Module 2: Exploring Data and Basic Engineering Econometrics on Spreadsheets
- Module 3: Linear Engineering Econometrics
- Module 4: Advanced Linear Engineering Econometrics
- Module 5: Time Series Engineering Econometrics
- Module 6: Non-linear Engineering Econometrics
Who can attend?
The course is addressed to corporates, executives and academicians only.
- Category A: Foreign Participants: Rs. 25000/-
- Category B: Corporate Professionals: Rs. 10000/-
- Category C: Academicians/ Others: Rs. 8000/-
- Category D: Students (Postgraduate): Rs. 6000/-
Interested candidates can register via this page.
- Last date of application: October 06, 2020
- Course date: November 03-06, 2021
Prof. Rudra P. Pradhan
Phone: +91 3222 282316/ 282317
Mobile: +91 9733742104
Email: rudrap[at]vgsom.iitkgp.ac.in & pradhanrp[at]gmail.com