Online MA in Refugee Protection & Forced Migration Studies @ University of London: Apply by Feb 1
University of London is offering online MA in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies. The programme provides a solid legal, practical and theoretical understanding of refugee protection and forced migration.
This programme comprises six modules (two core, four elective) and a dissertation component which includes the research methodology course, ‘Researching Refugees’.
How You Study:
The programme is available online and is fully supported by a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), as well as study materials and help from academic staff. It allows you to study anywhere in the world and fit your studies around your other commitments.
- You receive individual module subject guides, assessment activities and digitised readings. The two primary texts for the core modules are books, which will be useful reference points throughout your studies.
- For each module, you will be able to discuss your work with fellow students and tutors. Additional tuition is provided via podcasts and videos from leading academics.
- You can also benefit from research materials created by the Refugee Law Initiative, such as its Working Paper Series and podcasts from public events.
When you register, we will give you access to your Student Portal. You can then access your University of London email account and two other key resources:
- Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
- Online Library
This MA is designed to be studied over two years by taking the two core modules in the first year and four elective modules (two per session) in the second year, alongside the dissertation component.
Examinations are held twice a year (usually February and July) at exam centres located all around the world.
- You need an undergraduate degree (e.g. bachelor) that is comparable to a UK upper second class honours degree. You can still apply without this, and Univeristy of London will consider each application on its merits.
- (IELTS) International English Language Testing System – overall score of at least 7.0 with at least 6 in reading and writing.
- For this degree, you will also need Adobe Flash Player to view video material and a media player (such as VLC) to play video files.
How to Apply:
Click here to apply online.
Application Deadline: February 1, 2019.
For further details on the same, click here.
About the Author