Competition Commission of India (CCI) has opened applications for online internship opportunities for the period of August 2021.
Competition Commission of India (CCI) is a statutory body of the Government of India responsible for enforcing The Competition Act, 2002 and promoting competition throughout India, and preventing activities that have an appreciable adverse effect on competition in India. It was established on 14 October 2003.
About the Internship
In view of Covid-19 pandemic, the regular CCI internship programme has been suspended for the time being. However, for the benefit of students, the Commission will continue its Online Internship beyond June 2021 and upto September 2021.
For July 2021 to September 2021 Online Internships, eligible applicants whose applications received by 7th of preceding month (for example, for internship of July 2021-application should be received by 7th of June 2021, for internship of August 2021- application should be received by 7th of July 2021 and for internship of September 2021- application should be received by 7th of August 2021) shall only be considered.
- Applicable to Indian Nationals only.
- The internship is open to students from recognized Institutions and Universities with exposure to Competition law.
- Students with a placement in hand are not eligible.
- Students pursuing the following courses can apply:
- Economics and Management :
- MA / MSc. (Economics)
- Fourth and final year students of 5 year integrated degree Programme in Economics
- Second and third year of the Bachelors degree in Law (3-year course after graduation) or
- Fourth and final year of the five year integrated course in Law and students who have taken 3rd year exam and are entering the 4th year.
- Regulatory Governance:
- MA / MSc. (Regulatory Governance)
- Professional Courses:
- Students of the final group of Chartered Accountancy or Cost Accountancy or Company Secretary
- Economics and Management :
Scheme of Internship
- Internship is normally for a period of one month, commencing on the 1st working day of the month. However, applicant desirous of pursuing internship for 2- 3 calendar months can also apply with due recommendation of respective University/ College/ Institution for the period applied for.
- There will be a short induction programme on provisions of Competition Act, 2002 on the 1st day of Internship.
- Selected interns will be deputed to various divisions of the Commission in different batches where work will be allocated to them under the guidance/ supervision of officer(s) assigned to them by the Divisional Head(s).
- At the end of internship each intern shall make a presentation on the work done by her/him during the period of internship failing which no certificate and stipend will be released. Interns are expected to maintain discipline, punctuality and integrity, noncompliance whereof shall result in termination of internship.
- Each month there will be upto 15 interns. However, it may be relaxed for a particular month where more applicants with good research topics on Competition Law are available.
- Internship is a fulltime programme and hence interns are required to observe working hours of the Commission. Any absence during working hours may result in extension of the period of internship without any honorarium.
- The internship may be discontinued any time without payment of any honorarium if the performance of the intern is not found satisfactory or the intern is absent without authorization of the guide.
- Certificates will be issued to the interns on successful completion of their internship.
An amount of Rs.15,000/- per month will be given as honorarium during the internship.
How to Apply?
- Interested students may apply in the prescribed format through this link. Application in any other format will not be entertained.
- Application must contain recommendation of competent authority from the academic institution, where the candidate is pursuing her / his studies. Applications received without recommendations will not be entertained.
- Applicants are required to submit a ‘Statement of Purpose’ in about 200 words broadly covering a brief introduction of the topic and objectives of the study.
- Application should reach by 1st of preceding month to the month for which application is intended to be made e.g. for Dec, 2016 application should reach by 1st Nov, 2016..
- Applications in the prescribed format complete in all respects may be sent by post to reach- The Secretary, Competition Commission of India, Competition Commission of India, 10th Floor, Office Block, Tower.1, Ring Road (Opposite AIIMS) Kidwai Nagar (East), New Delhi-110023”.
- Applications can also be emailed at email@example.com
- Envelope carrying applications should be superscribed “Application for Internship for Month/Year”
July 7, 2021
Click here to view the official notification for the Online Internship Opportunity 2021 at Competition Commission of India (CCI).
More such opportunities that you might be interested in:
- Internship Opportunity (Coordination) at UNDP, Dehradun [3 Months]: Apply by July 11
- Goldman Sachs Summer Analyst Internship 2022 [Bengaluru; 8-10 Weeks]: Apply Now!