CCI or Competition Commission of India has opened applications for online internship opportunities for the period of April-June 2021.
Competition Commission of India (CCI) is a statutory body of the Government of India responsible for enforcing The Competition Act, 2002 and promoting competition throughout India, and preventing activities that have an appreciable adverse effect on competition in India. It was established on 14 October 2003.
About the Internship
In view of the Covid-19 pandemic, the regular CCI internship program has been suspended for the time being. However, for the benefit of students, the Commission will continue its Online Internship beyond March 2021 and up to June 2021.
For April 2021 to June 2021 Online Internships, eligible applicants whose applications received by 1st of the preceding month (for example, for an internship of April 2021-application should be received by 1st of March 2021, for an internship of May 2021- application should be received by 1st of April 2021 and for an internship of June 2021- application should be received by 1st of May 2021) shall only be considered.
Who is it for?
- Applicable to Indian Nationals only.
- The internship is open to students from recognized Institutions and Universities with exposure to Competition
- Students with a placement in hand are not eligible.
- Students pursuing the following courses can apply:
- Economics and Management :
- MA / MSc. (Economics)
- 4th and final year students of 5-year integrated degree Programme in Economics
- 2nd and 3rd year of the
- Bachelors degree in Law (3-year course after graduation) or
- Fourth and final year of the five-year integrated course in Law and
- Students who have taken 3rd year exam and are entering the 4th year.
- Regulatory Governance:
- MA / MSc. (Regulatory Governance)
- Professional Courses:
- Students of the final group of Chartered Accountancy or Cost Accountancy or Company Secretary
- Economics and Management :
Duration of the Internship
- The duration of the online internship (a week/2 weeks/3 weeks/a month) shall be decided by the mentor/guide depending on the work assigned.
- In the first week of every month, an online orientation program will be organized for selected students by the Advocacy Division of CCI.
- No request for an internship beyond one month shall be accepted.
- On certification by the concerned mentor/guide that the assigned intern has worked/completed the internship to his satisfaction, a certificate for the period of internship shall be awarded to the interns.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be intimated through contact details (email id) provided by them in their requests/applications.
No stipend/honorarium for online internships.
How to Apply?
- Interested students may apply in the prescribed format available here. Application in any other format will not be entertained.
- The application must contain a recommendation of competent authority from the academic institution, where the candidate is pursuing her / his studies. Applications received without recommendations will not be entertained.
- Applicants are required to submit a ‘Statement of Purpose’ in about 200 words broadly covering a brief introduction of the topic and objectives of the study.
- Applications in the prescribed format complete in all respects may be sent by post to reach- The Secretary, Competition Commission of India, Competition Commission of India, 10th Floor, Office Block, Tower.1, Ring Road (Opposite AIIMS) Kidwai Nagar (East), New Delhi-110023”
- Applications can also be emailed at email@example.com.
- Envelope carrying applications should be superscribed “Application for Internship for Month/Year.
March 1, 2021
For more details, click the link below.