About the Conference
The Online International Interdisciplinary Conference on Freedom and Authenticity is organised from July 9-10, 2020.
During the conference, we strive to discuss the contemporary status of authenticity and freedom, their interrelationship and their association with concepts such as sincerity, individuality, vulnerability, creativity and many others.
They invite researchers representing various academic disciplines: art, film studies, literature, theatre studies, media studies, anthropology, psychology, sociology, politics, cognitive studies, to name a few. Different forms of presentations are encouraged, including case studies, theoretical inquiries, personal reflections, problem-oriented arguments, comparative analyses and creative expressions.
They will be happy to hear from experienced scholars and young academics, doctoral and graduate students, as well as professionals from various disciplines. They also invite all persons interested in participating in the conference as listeners, without giving a presentation.
- Sociology, Anthropology, History
- Global and local authenticity
- Quest for authenticity in the context of social and historical crisis
- Freedom and coronavirus pandemic
- Psychology and Psychiatry
- Authenticity and self-growth
- Authenticity and emotional armory – perfectionism, numbing, etc.
- Authenticity and shame
- Authenticity and vulnerability
- Authenticity and self-image
- Authenticity and individuality: self-absorption versus self-confrontation
- Literature, Film, Theatre, Visual Arts
- Realism, hyperrealism, naturalism
- Authenticity and intertextuality: concepts such as original artwork, reproduction, printed representation, copy, etc.
- Authenticity and autofiction
- Authenticity and creativity
- Authenticity and adaptation
- Online theatre performances during COVID-19
- Media Studies
- Fake news
- Social media marketing and authenticity
- Freedom of speech
- Philosophy and Worldviews
- Freedom and authenticity as philosophical concepts
- Authenticity and ethics
- Authenticity and freedom as the highest humanistic values
- Existential, postmodern and contemporary view on authenticity
Due to COVID-19, this year’s edition of Freedom and Authenticity Conference will be held virtually.
- Submit abstracts (no longer than 300 words) of your proposed 20-minute presentations, together with a short biographical note by 25 June 2020 to: conferencefreedom[at]gmail.com.
- The conference language is English.
- EUR 25 or USD 30 or PLN 100
- EUR 20 or USD 25 or PLN 90
- Deadline for paper proposals: 25 June 2020
- Notification of acceptance: till 28 June 2020
- Deadline for final registration: 03 July 2020
For further details, click here.