The Department of Architecture & Planning, Malaviya National Institute of Technology (MNIT), Jaipur is organizing an Online FDP on Universal Design Approach for Built Environment from August 23 to 27, 2021.
This FDP would enhance the sensitivity of the participants for inclusiveness, accessibility, and a universal design approach. Universal design is itself explained in a diversity of ways across the world: “design-for-all” and “inclusive design” are other terms used. Designing universally means being inclusive of a diverse population. Universal Design is an international movement recognized by the World Health Organization, and the United Nations through the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disability (UNCRPD).
Malaviya National Institute of Technology Jaipur is one of the premier NITs, designated with the status of “Institute of National Importance” by the Ministry of Education.
- To sensitize the participants about Universal Design approach and its integration with built environment and buildings.
- To emphasize on the role of technology in accessible built environment.
- To review the impact of Universal Design on society and well being.
- To discuss the Govt. initiatives to in the field of Universal design and built environment.
- To develop understanding about evaluation tools for universal design.
- Faculty members from Architecture, Planning, any branch of Engineering, and Science.
- Research scholars pursuing PhD and PG Programs.
- Scientists/ Engineers/ Managers/ from Industry/ Govt./ R&D Organizations.
- Those who are involved in policy making from government or non-government organizations can also participate.
To register for the FDP, click here. The certificate will be issued by AICTE Training and Learning (ATAL) Academy.
You might also be interested in: