The Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering, The College of Engineering, Guindy, Anna University is organizing an AICTE Sponsored Two Week Online FDP on Trends & Challenges in Power Converters & Control from February 9 to 22, 2021.
The objective of the FDP is To create awareness in the issues related to power converters and control techniques used for sustainable technologies.
Anna University is a public state university located in Tamil Nadu, India. The main campus is in Guindy, Chennai and the satellite campus is in Chromepet, Chennai. It was established on 4 September 1978.
After attending this course, faculty members will learn the following:
- To develop control algorithms for power converters.
- Ability to develop new converters.
- Ability to design converters with a reduced number of switches.
- Ability to use the processor for various applications
To understand the concepts related to:
- Power management schemes in PV systems.
- Modeling of converters and inverters.
- Passive controllers.
- Converters for hydropower plants.
- Backstepping controllers
- Model order reduction techniques.
- Multilevel inverters.
- Proportional Integral controllers.
- MATRIX converters
- Space Vector PWM techniques for converters.
- Design of power converters
- Converters with reduced switch count.
- Demo related with power converters and control.
- Converters for electric vehicles.
- Wireless charging systems for electric vehicles.
- One cycle control
- Grid integration
- Sliding mode control
- Predictive control
- Converters for induction generators
- Closed-loop operation of DC-DC converters
- All-electric aircraft Observers.
- Converters for induction heating applications.
- Z source converters.
- Special machines for sustainable technologies
You might also be interested in Online FDP on Emerging Trends in VLSI & Nanoelectronics by IIT Indore [Feb 15-20]: Register by Feb 10.
The registration is free for faculty members working in colleges approved by AICTE. E-Certificates will be issued to the eligible participants who attended the course fully and secured 60 % of marks in the test (will be conducted after the completion of the course).
To download the registration form, click here. The filled-in registration form should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The last date to register is January 22, 2021.
Email ID: email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.