The Centre for Rural Technology at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Guwahati is organizing a TEQIP-III Short Term Course (STC)/ FDP on Tools and Practices for New Product Development for Food and Bio-Industries from October 16 to 20, 2020.
Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati (IIT Guwahati, IITG) is a public technical and research university established by the Government of India, located in Guwahati, in the state of Assam in India. It is the sixth Indian Institute of Technology established in India. IIT Guwahati is officially recognized as an Institute of National Importance by the government of India. IIT Guwahati has been ranked 7th both in Engineering and Overall category in NIRF India Rankings 2020, released on 11th June 2020.
The purpose of this STC is to discuss a framework of critical success factors, tools, and techniques for implementing metrics for each stage of the New Product Development process in food and bioprocessing.
The course is designed for both researchers and working professionals to get a structured overview of NPD. NPD is usually defined as a multi-step process that organizations employ in the complex system of delivering new products to the market. Many of the academic R&D projects also involve one or multiple steps of various NPD. However, in both academics and industry, the success rate of commercially new products is very low.
- Understanding of complete product development process involving the individual steps; Idea generation; Idea screening; Concept testing; Business Analysis; Product Development.; Test Marketing; Commercialization
- Understand how to build products with a sustainable competitive advantage.
- Learning the R&D sequence including the proof-of-concept to scale-up tools for NPD.
- Realizing the role of multiple stakeholders of an NPD.
- Learn how to conduct a project financial analysis, develop product pricing, product forecasts, etc.
Who can Attend?
The STC is open to Faculty members and Ph.D. students of TEQIP listed Institutions. About 30% of seats will be open for Research Scholars and Faculty Members of other Institutions and Industry Members.
- The course is designed for both researcher and Industry Professionals to get involve in NPD.
- The tools like search engine optimization, life cycle analysis, Ishikawa diagrams will be discussed that are essential in planning an NPD.
- Also, various statistical and optimization techniques important in the proof-of-concept stage or in the scale- up or pilot trial stage will be deliberated.
- An introduction to the Design of Experiments (DOE) is provided.
- DOE is an extremely efficient method to understand which variables (and interactions) affect key outcomes and allows the development of mathematical models used to optimize process and product performance.
- The concepts behind DOE are to be covered along with some effective types of screening experiments.
- In addition to that for some specific product development like herbal medicines and nutraceuticals, the R&D sequence will be shared.
- TEQIP members : Rs. 1000/- (refundable)
- Non-TEQIP members: Rs. 2500 + 18% GST /-
- Industry Members: Rs. 5000 + 18% GST /-
The registration fee can be paid to the following account details: Branch Name: IIT Guwahati Branch; Bank Name: State Bank of India; Branch Code: 14262; Account Number: 33755947572; IFSC Code: SBIN0014262.
To register for the FDP, click here.
The last date to register is October 10, 2020.
Dr. Siddhartha Singha
Centre for Rural Technology
Indian Institute of Technology
Guwahati-781039, Assam, INDIA
For full notification, click the link below.