About the FDP
Soft computing is an emerging approach to computing which parallel the remarkable ability of the human mind to reason and learn in an environment of uncertainty and imprecision. Soft computing is based on some biological inspired methodologies such as genetics, evolution, ant’s behaviors, particles swarming, human nervous systems, etc.
Soft computing encompasses techniques like Neural networks, fuzzy logic and optimization algorithms, and it has emerged as an effective tool for the purpose of modeling, control and decision-making problems in complex systems. This FDP will provide a platform for learning Soft Computing and Optimization algorithms with their application in electrical engineering domain.
- To update the participants with the state-of-the-art technologies in Soft computing.
- To enable participants to learn the industrial, real life and academic applications of Soft computing.
- Familiarization with Soft Computing Techniques for Control systems, power systems, power electronics and drives, Inverters & Converters.
- To explore knowledge of Smart Instrumentation.
- To impart knowledge of applying optimization algorithms in renewable energy sources, smart power grids and wind power generation, etc.
- Apart from lectures, hands on sessions shall be conducted to enable the participants to gain knowledge in this field.
- Introduction to various Soft Computing Techniques
- Soft computing application to power System operation and control
- Maximum power peak detection of PV panel using evolutionary algorithms
- Harmonic search algorithm based MPPT of solar PV system
- Intelligent Maximum Power Extraction Control for Wind Energy
- Process control using soft computing.
- Soft Computing in Green and Renewable Energy Systems
- Active & reactive power management in present scenarios
- Application of artificial intelligence in robotics.
- Optimization Methods to Plan the Charging of Electric Vehicle
- Industries based controller application & automation
- Soft Computing for Smart Homes and Cities
- Application of Fuzzy Logic in Control of Electrical Machines
All the faculties, Research Scholar and PG Scholars from AICTE approved institutions are eligible for the workshop.
- The participants are advised to apply online at AICTE ATAL registration portal on or before 25th June 2021 for the final registration.
- Number of participants is limited to 200.
- Participants will be selected on first-come first-served basis.
- Selected candidates will be intimated by e-mail confirmations of participation is to be made by email only.
- Receipt of applications (Online): 26th June, 2021
- Information to the selected candidates: 27th June, 2021
- FDP duration: 28th June –2nd July 2021
Dr. Ruchi Agarwal (NIT Patna)
Dr. Moina Ajmeri (NIT Patna)
For official notification, click below.
You may also be interested in: