The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, National Institute of Technology (NIT), Jamshedpur is organizing an ATAL Sponsored Online Faculty Development Program (FDP) on Sensor Technology from October 1 to 5, 2020.
National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur is one of the 30 National Institutes of Technology of India and was established in 1960 as a Regional Institute of Technology College in Bihar. In 2002 it was upgraded to the status of the National Institute of Technology and was declared as Institute of National Importance under the National Institutes of Technology Act, 2007.
Advanced sensor technologies have created a paradigm shift inefficient operation of almost all sectors of the societies. Starting from health to domestic to industrial sector the intervention and dependence on smart sensors have increased manifold times.
The development of smart sensors and its associated instrumentation has experienced a huge leap in the last few years. Sensors not only improved the performance of the new technologies but have also help to assess the efficiency of many existing technologies.
The course content is designed for the faculty/ Ph.D./ PG students to motivate them to learn about various sensors/ transducer and its application in all possible domains. Broadly, the course contents are as follows:
- Introduction to sensors and actuators.
- Different types of fabrication techniques for designing and developing sensors.
- Working principle of various types of UT and EM sensors and transducer used in Non-Destructing Testing (NDT).
- Working principle of chemical/ biochemical and gas sensor & it’s smart instrumentation.
- Introduction to the wireless sensor technology with its application in underwater sensing.
- Interfacing of sensors and signal conditioning circuits with advanced signal processing topologies.
- Current scenario/ job opportunities for Sensor development.
- Understanding the skill set required to select a sensor as per their working principle.
- Sensors are available in the industry & their use.
- Application of sensors in NDT, chemical/biochemical industries, Wireless sensor network, and under-water sensor technologies.
- Introduction to Sensor Technology
- Basics of Sensor and transducer technology
- Modern-day advancement in sensor/transducer technology
- Application of sensors in modern-day industries
- Introduction to sensor fabrication technology
- Introduction to fabrication methods involved in sensor/ transducer development
- Basic of MEMS
- Application of MEMS-based sensors in the field of Non-Destructive Testing (NDT)
- Introduction of Non-Destructive Testing (NDT)
- Basics of several Nondestructive Testing techniques
- Introduction to Ultrasonic based Non Destructive Testing
- Introduction of Electromagnetic based NDT technique
- Basics of Eddy Current based Non Destructive Testing/ Evaluation
Who can Attend?
This program is open to industrial personnel, faculty members, and students including research scholars, PG students of recognized technical institutions.
- There is no registration fee is applicable for attending FDP.
- 200 participants are allowed on a first-come-first-serve-basis.
- To register for the FDP, click here.
Phone Number: 9835169351
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Online FDP on Advanced Control & Wireless Sensors by NIT Meghalaya [Nov 9-13]: Register by Oct 5.