The Deptt. of Humanities and Social Sciences, National Institute of Technology (NIT), Patna is organizing an Online Faculty Development Program (FDP) on Research Methods & Effective Teaching Methodology from December 14 to 18, 2020.
National Institute of Technology Patna is the 18th National Institute of Technology created by the Ministry of H.R.D. Government of India after rechristening the erstwhile Bihar College of Engineering Patna on 28.01.2004. NIT Patna marked its humble beginning in 1886 with the establishment of a pleaders survey training school which was subsequently promoted to Bihar College of Engineering Patna in 1924.
The program is designed to train and develop professionals in the area of research and effective and innovative teaching methodology so that they can act as ‘Resource Persons’ in guiding and motivating young students. The objective of the program is:
- to train and develop professionals in the area of research and innovative teaching methods,
- to build up the quality of course delivery of participants through pedagogical enhancements to create interest and motivation among students,
- to learn how to create a strong foundation for value-added collaboration with industry at the academic level.
Following Topics are to be covered:
- Research Method
- Research Hypothesis: Method, Tools
- Research Proposal Design
- Research Ethics
- Perspective of Effective Teaching
- Innovation and Modern Teaching
- Life Skill Development
- Application of ICT
The program will promote conceptual clarity of the importance of the application of innovative scientific teaching techniques amongst participants. It will facilitate insight into different research models and their application in teaching. It will provide an opportunity to be taught by experts and share experiences with co-participants across India.
Who can Attend?
- Faculty members from universities/ institutions.
- Research Scholars and PG Students from all the disciplines.
- Participants from the Government, Industry, and staff of host institutions.
To register for the FDP, click here. The last date to register is December 10, 2020.
No TA/ DA will be provided to the participants. The number of participants is limited to 200 (first-come-first-served basis). A test shall be conducted by the coordinator at the end of the program. The certificates shall be issued to those participants who have attended the program with a minimum of 80% attendance and scored minimum of 60% marks in the test.
For full notification, click the link below.