The Department of Computer Science & Engineering, Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra is organizing an Online FDP on Quantum Computing from June 21 to 25, 2021.
Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi was founded in 1955 by the philanthropist-industrialist, the late Sri B. M. Birla. It was established by the Hindustan Charity Trust, Calcutta. It was granted Deemed University status in the year 1986 under u/s 3 of UGC Act, 1956.
- To disseminate of the knowledge of Quantum Science among students, researchers, and academicians.
- To provide conceptual understanding of how Quantum Computing technology can be used in various fields.
- Train manpower in the field of quantum computing to fulfil the growing necessity.
- To discuss the status of the quantum computing deelopement and research work in India and across the world.
- Introduction to basics of quantum computing,
- quantum circuits and applications of quantum algorithms.
- Introduction to Python programming for quantum hardware using Qiskit.
- Introduction to the qubit, Dirac notation.
- Review of linear algebra and complex numbers.
- Single qubit operations, fundamental gates.
- Notion of quantum measurement.
- Multi-qubit states and operations, quantum entanglement.
- Elements of quantum circuits
- Quantum parallelism, quantum teleportation
- Quantum Key Distribution protocols,
- BB84 Quantum Algorithms: Deutsch’s Algorithm.
- The program will consist of lectures and labs/ hands-on sessions. Hands-on experience on Qiskit programming. Interaction & learning with leading researchers from academia.
Who can Attend?
Faculty, Students (PG and PhD Scholars), Researchers, and Industry persons are invited to apply.
To register for the FDP, click here. The last date to register is June 15, 2021.
You might also be interested in: