The Teaching Learning Centre, Ramanujan College, University of Delhi is offering a One Week Online Faculty Development Programme (FDP) on “Qualitative Data Analysis” for faculty members and research scholars of higher education in the country from 21 – 28, December 2020.
Ramanujan College, University of Delhi, is located in the well-known area of Kalkaji, near Nehru Place in South Delhi. Ramanujan College has highly qualified, dedicated, and committed faculty members. The college runs fifteen courses in different subjects in Humanities, Commerce and Science streams.
The objective of the Course is to integrate the techniques of Software packages, which are majorly focused on the interpretability of information, with a human centred approach. The course, therefore, will use primary data sets from the fields of social sciences and further it through computationally innovative methods and technologies.
With this framework, the course will be useful for improving qualitative skills of teaching faculty and research scholars in both sciences and social sciences. It will also equip the participants across disciplines to work in a new environment by providing them with knowledge about the tools, methods, and theoretical issues central to the field of Digital Humanities.
- Introduction to different types of Qualitative Research Methods
- Introduction to NVivo software and coding
- Developing an understanding about Coding audio, video, text, and social media files and classifying files and cases
- Sentiment analysis and social media analysis
- Publishing qualitative papers
After successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Gain better understanding on how to identify a research problem and design a valid research project to answer specific research questions.
- Get hands-on training in the usage NVivo software that can assist them in their research endeavors
- Analyse Qualitative Data.
- Understand the purpose of coding and choose between different approaches to coding.
- Effectively analyze and present their data and research outcomes.
- Write effective research papers and thereby, improve their quality of research.
You might also be interested in Online FDP on ML Applications in Mechanical Engineering by NIT Patna [Dec 21-26]: Register by Dec 17.
Who can Attend?
Faculty members (regular/ adhoc/ temporary) in teaching profession are eligible to apply for this Faculty Development Program.
Registration is mandatory for all the participants of the FDP. All those who meet the eligibility criterion are required to pay a Non-Refundable fee of INR 550/-.
The participants must make the prescribed payment through NEFT/ IMPS to the following account: Bank: ICICI Bank Branch: Kalkaji Branch, New Delhi – 19; A/c Name: PRINCIPAL RAMANUJAN COLLEGE; A/c no: 072001003912; IFSC: ICIC0000720.
To register for the FDP, click here.
The last date of registration is December 15, 2020. After successful registration & payment, the participants will receive a confirmation via email. Please keep checking the spam folder of the email as the bulk email sent may end up in the spam folder.
Attempting and submitting all the quizzes and assignments are mandatory, and each participant should score a minimum of 40% in total to avail of the program completion certificate. Graded certificates on the basis of performance will be awarded to the participants.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For full notification, click the link below.