The Department of Electrical Engineering, National Institute of Technology (NIT), Warangal invites applications for an Online Faculty Development Program (FDP) on Effective Teaching & Learning of Techniques for Monitoring, Protection & Control of Microgrid from February 18 to 22, 2021.
National Institute of Technology Warangal, formerly known as Regional Engineering College was established in 1959. Over the years it has developed into a premier institute of higher learning and is ranked among the top technical education institutions in India.
- To enable the participants to learn and conceptualize Smart grid and Microgrid technologies.
- To enhance the learning capabilities of the participants in Communication, Wide Area Measurement, Protection, and Storage Technologies.
- To empower the participants with the latest knowledge on monitoring, protection, and control techniques of microgrids.
- To enable the participants to learn new methods in teaching the subject, ‘Techniques for Monitoring, Protection, and Control of Microgrids’.
- To enable the participants to learn new methods and practice and implement in Learning and Teaching.
- Microgrid Modeling and Control issues
- Phasor Measurement Unit (PMU) and Wide-Area Monitoring in Microgrid.
- Advanced Protection and Controls for hybrid AC-DC and DC microgrids.
- Coordinated protection and control in SmartMicrogrids.
- Closed-loop control of Drives used in Microgrid.
- Electric Vehicles and Charging Stations in Smart Grids.
- Learning Microgrid Monitoring, Protection, and Control Techniques through hands-on experience.
- Learning concepts of Microgrid through group activities.
- Faculty Members: Rs. 600 /-
- Research Scholars: Rs. 300/-
The registration fee may be remitted Online through NEFT to the Bank account: Account Number: 62266262236 (Savings Account); Account Name: Director, Research Account, NITW; Bank Name: State Bank of India (SBI); Branch: NIT Warangal; IFSC Code: SBIN0020149.
- To register online for the course, click here.
- The last date to register is February 16, 2021.
- The number of participants in the workshop is limited to 50.
- Candidates are advised to apply early to avoid disappointment.
For full notification, click the link below.
Online FDP on Effective Teaching & Learning of Techniques for Monitoring, Protection & Control of Microgrid by NIT Warangal