The Electronics & ICT Academy, IIT Roorkee is organizing an Online Faculty Development Program on Practical Quantum Computing using Qiskit and IBMQ from September 12 to October 4, 2020.
This course will introduce you to the basics of quantum computing through a practical approach. Participants will learn about qubits and gating operations, construct quantum circuits and learn about quantum algorithms. Participants will also learn how to use Qiskit to construct and run quantum circuits on simulators and actual quantum hardware using Python.
The Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, formerly University of Roorkee and Thomason College of Civil Engineering, is a public technical and research university located in Roorkee, Uttarakhand, India..
- Introduction to the basics of quantum computing, quantum circuits, and applications of quantum algorithms.
- Introduction to Python programming for quantum hardware using Qiskit.
- Learn about qubits and quantum circuits.
- Learn how to represent qubits and perform gating operations on them.
- Construct quantum circuits and run them on actual quantum hardware.
- Learn about quantum communication protocols and QKD, with important applications in security and cryptography.
- Introduction to the qubit, Dirac notation.
- Review of linear algebra and complex numbers.
- Single qubit operations, fundamental gates.
- The notion of quantum measurement.
- Multi-qubit states and operations, quantum entanglement.
- Elements of quantum circuits
- Quantum parallelism, quantum teleportation
- Quantum Key Distribution protocols, BB84
- Quantum Algorithms: Deutsch’s Algorithm
Who can Attend?
The program is open to faculty members/ Ph.D. Research Scholars.
There are no fees to attend this course. To register online, click here. The last date to register is September 10, 2020.
Phone Number: +91-882622242
Email ID: : email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.